FanStory.com - Brain Drainby Spitfire
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Technology can't sit still.
Brain Drain by Spitfire

Are those members who are still using classic getting a highlighted message that reads:
You are using an outdated and unsupported version of FanStory Click here to use the current version.

Wow! I feel threatened. I wrote Tom and told him I do not like the new version. For one thing, the print is smaller. He told me how to make it larger, but I still have to experiment with that.

Anyway, I thought, "Okay, I'll give it another chance. I did find a way to get rid of the annoying black ribbon on the bottom by clicking the small white down arrow on the right. Wish I could make the top band smaller.

Technology renews itself on a daily basis, it seems. Windows 10 kept bugging me with pop-ups until I relented. Was I ever sorry. I lost two of my favorite games. The version of mahjong Windows 10 offers is too easy. I have to learn a new way to transfer google images to pictures instead of documents. On the good side, I discovered a camera. I can take selfies while working. Gritting my teeth would frighten a dinosaur!

Their tutorials are good, but many terms sound Greek to me. Aging has also slowed my ability to process new ideas.

Thanks to my son who told me to type Internet Explorer on the search list, I now have my old browser back. Guess what? I'm now getting pop-ups wanting me to update that!

At least these changes keep my brain in shape. I refuse to be beaten by a machine. Call me the little red engine who said over and over "I think I can."

Recognized

     

© Copyright 2024. Spitfire All rights reserved.
Spitfire has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement