FanStory.com - Only Five? C'mon...by michaelcahill
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
WAY too short a list
Only Five? C'mon... by michaelcahill
FanStorian I'd Like To Meet & Why writing prompt entry






















Gloria…---- Friends dominating Earth

I am Cat---My own kind

Lovinia---I Worship Talent

Smurphgirlsasha---I adore rambling

Pipersfancy---Well, um ... shucks.




 


Writing Prompt
The category is left as "General", so it's up to you - will your reasons be funny or serious? The important thing is to keep the explanation as to why you would like to meet this person something that won't cause unease or discomfort/embarrassment. The idea is to have some fun but also possibly give us a glimpse of the 'real' member (and YOU).

I am still fighting (in complete denial) over the about-face that's occurred in the world of authors since the advent of social media. Once upon a time writers were thought to be a reclusive bunch - now if a writer isn't ready to greet the world, he/she doesn't have much chance of success! Somehow that just seems absurd, at least when it comes to creative writing... Yes, for technical writing, biographical, nonfiction (and the like) I can see it - what are the author's qualifications? But for creative writing? Phooey. I can write a murder/mystery - does my reader have to think I know about it PERSONALLY?

Here are the instructions, condensed - name the FanStorian (limit of five) and tell us why, in no more than three words, you'd like to meet that member in 'real' time.

In other words, fifteen words - in total - for the explanations, five members named, maximum.

Recognized

Author Notes


This was fun. It pointed out to me just how long a list I could've made. These are only the first five. What a great place. I have more friends here than I've made in the rest of my life combined. :)
I keep thinking of names I've left off this short list. So many more belong on it.

     

© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement