FanStory.com - Go and don the garment...by royowen
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
In hope's eternal bane.
Go and don the garment... by royowen

Let's go and don the garment
of someone else's pain
and share their deepest sorrow
in hope's eternal bane.

Let's hear their distant wailing
those souls in far off lands;
They cry with pleas of mercy--as,
blood flows on desert sands.

"Don't come with guns and weapons,
and bring aggression's sneer;
we need your heart's compassion,
bring hope not blinding fear."

When asked, "Who is my neighbour?"
Christ said, "The most despised,
the one reviled and hated,
it's he who needs love's ride."

We need the fire of heaven
to burn illusion's dross;
to understand love's purpose
we'll know eternal loss.
R.Owen 30/09/2015






Recognized

Author Notes
When Christ was asked "who is my neighbour?" his reply was to use the most reviled and despised example by the Jews, the Samaritans. We've all heard the story of the "Good Samaritan", this is it.
Luke 10:27 "He answered (expert in law) "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and, love your neighbour as yourself" "you have answered correctly," Jesus replied "do this and you will live." But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, "And who is my neighbour?" In reply Jesus said, "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, where he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him for dead. A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed on the other side. So too a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two Denari handed them to the innkeeper. "Look after him" he said. "and when I return, I will remburse you for any extra expense you may have."
"Which of these do you suppose was neighbour to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?"
The expert in the law replied. "the one who had mercy on him."
Jesus told him. "Go and do likewise."NIV

     

© Copyright 2024. royowen All rights reserved.
royowen has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement