FanStory.com - Morning Murderby Bill Schott
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a 150 word story
Short
: Morning Murder by Bill Schott
100 Word Story writing prompt entry



The assailing noise of the phone struck like a rock machinegun shooting stalactite projectiles of sound at my temples.

"Hello?" was the light greeting I gave to the remarkably phone-like clock I held to my ear.

The pelting ring of the telephone continued. I remembered that I had placed it on a table at the far wall the previous evening in some forgotten attempt to force me to rise to my feet, and cross the room to answer it. Delivering a straight and accurate shot from my bed, I hit the egregious communication device with the clock. Both appliances, responding to both the collision and gravity, rested on the floor, as I attempted to do likewise in my bed.

Then, the buzzing assault of the alarm clock tore through my skull like a chainsaw. I rose from this crime scene, the murder of sleep, and prepared for breakfast.


 


Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock

Author Notes
Required words are phone, clock, rock, breakfast, and light.

     

© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement