FanStory.com - Speed Datingby RodG
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
finding the right one is never easy.
Speed Dating by RodG
    100 Word Dash Contest Winner 

After twenty minutes of speed dating, Gini was bored and disappointed. Each of her well-dressed "dates," eyeing their phones constantly, proved incapable of conversing.

She reexamined her list of questions and found them wanting, too. She added one more she'd just thought of.

When her next candidate came, he wore jeans. "I'm Billy," he grinned. "Farm boy livin' in the city three months and lookin' for a friend."

Gini asked, "What one thing about you would I find surprising?"

He looked at her directly. "Don't own a phone."

Gini laughed. "Billy . . . you've found a friend!"

"Dinner?"

"Oh, yes!"


Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.
100 Word Dash
Contest Winner

Recognized

Author Notes
photo is courtesy of Google images.

word count: 99 Apple Works

     

© Copyright 2024. RodG All rights reserved.
RodG has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement