FanStory.com - One Day Revision by Justin Chopin
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
An old poem revised
One Day Revision by Justin Chopin

One-Day

One day we will be civil to one another as sisters and brothers.

One day we will be a world that loves Jesus as the Savior.

One day we will stop blaming all of our problems on our fathers and our mothers.

One day we will help people out without any kind of need for a selfish favor.


One day we will leave all of the social media garbage alone.

One day we will have actual conversations with others of our race.

One day we will look up from our incessant texting on our "smart" phones.

One day we will see the poor and suffering and extend some of God's grace.


One day we will start reading and stop watching those pathetic reality TV shows.

One day we will stop caring about all of those phony, plastic people in Hollywood.

One day we will celebrate our neighbor's successes and rejoice when we see them mature and grow.

One day we will stop beating ourselves up about our past knowing our sadistic, self-pity produces nothing godly or good.


Oh, I pray all of these hopes and aspirations that I have written down.

Would be utilized by all of you, please, don't let my words fall to the ground.

In order to live a liberated life without the worries of our selfish society.

A life enriched by God, the only kind of life that will set your heavy hearts free.

Author Notes
This is a rewrite from a poem I did about two or three years ago. some jokes about technology and Hollywood but the main point of the piece is that the world needs to come back to God.

     

© Copyright 2024. Justin Chopin All rights reserved.
Justin Chopin has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement