FanStory.com - The Instructions!by Sandra Stoner-Mitchell
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
How easy is it to build a toy model?
The Instructions! by Sandra Stoner-Mitchell
One Sided Conversation writing prompt entry



Hello, is that the 'Easy-to-Make-Model' store? ...

Good. I bought a Star Wars model last week, and on the box it says that it was that easy to assemble, a five-year-old could do it in no time ...

Yes. That's the one. Well, I would like to inform you that the model is still in bits and it is not as easy to make as you advertise. ...

Yes, I have looked at the instructions and I've seen the pictures. ...
...
Yes, I appreciate that your company would not knowingly advertise an article that was difficult to make, but the fact is, you did! ...

You want me to go through the parts that were difficult? ...

Okay. If you have a copy of the instructions handy, I will tell you. ...

Fine. Here goes. Number 1. Open the box. That was good. Actually, the box was destroyed as it was coming off. ...

Well, I can't help that. If you must make your boxes hard to open, then you cannot state a child of five could easily make the model. How would a child get to the model to make it? I take it from your lack of response, you don't know? ...

Okay, just to let you know, the hospital found that ten stitches were needed to mend the tear in the leg. ...

Yes, you heard right, TEN stitches! ...

That has nothing to do with me. You should have stated that the staples should be taken out with care. ...

Well, I am sorry, the box is in bits. Now, number two. The blow torch. Have you ever seen a child of five with a blow torch? ...

No? Well, let me tell you, all sorts of problems could happen. ...

I am sorry you don't have a child of five. Perhaps before you put these bits of useless information on the box, you should check it out. ...

There is no need to be rude, Sir! I did not put the instructions on the box with the promise a child of five could make it. The burns unit at the hospital said that the scars would gradually fade. But the house insurance won't cover the cost of a new dining room table under these circumstances. ...

Of course, I know accidents happen, but your instructions clearly state the model was very easy to make and a child of five could easily do it. ...

No, I haven't finished. Number three. Fast setting glue. Have you tried to get the glue off your fingers? ...

No. Of course, you haven't. Let me tell you, do not try to lick it off! The hospital had said they might have to amputate the tongue! ...

Yes, Sir, you heard me right! I gave your instructions every chance, but now I am unable to make this darned model. My leg is all stitched up from when the staple slipped and sliced it, my arms are burned and blistered, and my tongue had to be shaved so my amputated finger could be removed! ...

I most certainly do expect you to come here! You are responsible for all that has happened, so I expect you to come and make the bloody model for me! I don't have a five-year-old son to take over where I had to leave off! ...

And the same to you, Sir!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Writing Prompt
Write a one-sided phone conversation. Use ... to represent the unheard speaker. No quotation marks are necessary.

Recognized

     

© Copyright 2024. Sandra Stoner-Mitchell All rights reserved.
Sandra Stoner-Mitchell has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement