FanStory.com - Avoid Strange Teachingsby Deniz22
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Christ is all sufficient for all our needs.
Avoid Strange Teachings by Deniz22

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." ( Hebrews 13:8)

Our Savior Jesus is alive forever and is the same loving Person who first reached us in our lostness. Moreover, we learned He paid for all our sins with His own precious, sinless blood.

We had a personal sin debt with the only Holy God, our Creator, which required our death, both physical and spiritual.

Spiritual death means separation from the presence of God, the condition we were born in and which must be addressed before we leave this world, lest said condition become eternal.

So Christ suffered death physically as His blood attested. He also suffered separation from God, the most painful death of all.

This agony elicited this cry from his broken lips, "My God, My God, why have you FORSAKEN me?" Christ always called God "My Father", yet here standing in our place, bearing our condemnation, he speaks of the Father as "my God". Lost sinners cannot call God "Father" but will one day call Him God in truth. All are invited to become members of the Father's family, children of God by simply trusting Jesus. Who else is worthy of such trust? No one. You can fully trust someone who has proved His love by dying in your place.

There is only one true God, and though man may not acknowledge Him now, one day all will own He is, indeed, God. At the cross, God is acting as the Supreme Judge of all men who are all sinners before Him.

So Christ died, rejected by men who hated His goodness and rejected by God who hated our sin which was upon him.

But now, Christ is alive, and He is the same wonderful, all powerful, glorious Savior forever. He is truth, able and willing to save the worst sinner from Hell and the weakest saint from the dangers of this world. Everything anyone would ever need to live for God is in Him; all the treasures of true wisdom and abiding, eternal love.

In view of this, the next verse admonishes Christians; "Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings."

Do not look for relief from pain in all its diversity or self-improvement or fulfillment in any teaching that is not emanating from Jesus Christ. You can trust Him for everything.

Learn the Bible by first "learning Him". He is The Teacher! He delegates this authority to others as well, but such will always glorify Him as the Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ. 

"Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings." We might paraphrase this verse; "Do not allow any teaching to carry you away from Jesus Christ."

Recognized

Author Notes
Sinners are instructed by God to look for salvation from Christ alone. Many do this to settle the sin issue and thus be ready for Heaven. Having been saved from Hell, we are now encouraged to go on with Christ and find Him all sufficient for all our needs. This is positive encouragement but is balanced by commanding that we avoid "strange teachings"...those not emanating from Christ. Christ is the center of all things in the Bible and so should be in our seeking further spiritual truth. Avoid strange teaching...nothing is better than Christ!

     

© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement