FanStory.com - Dear Fanstoriansby Spiritual Echo
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
it really could be a real letter
Dear Fanstorians by Spiritual Echo

Dear Fanstorians;

I want to wish you all a happy Easter and hope you're not too busy with family and friends to stop by for a visit. It just seems that when the holidays roll around, not that many folks spend much time on the computer.

But whenever you get my letter, I hope you know I'm thinking about you and am so grateful that you're all in my life. You make the days a little brighter for me. I'm not much of a writer myself, but oh my, so many of you are so talented. I love to read your poems, especially when they're about someplace I've been before.

I haven't forgotten about love either and enjoy the romance stories, especially the naughty parts that make me sigh.

My granddaughter doesn't visit too often, you know how teenagers are, all wrapped up in their own lives, but when Maggie was here the last time, she told me she had a boyfriend. I tried to talk to her about love back then, but she told me that listening to me spout on about romance was creepy. I guess wrinkles and sex cancel each other out.

A gentleman just checked in who seems to have taken an interest in me. I think the other gals are jealous when he holds my hand. But I know what that old geezer is up to. As most of you know, my Parkinson's gets progressively worse and so does the shaking. Old Joe likes to hold hands, that's for sure, but every single time he drops my hand into his lap. LOL. Well it is funny. If I tried to tell that to my children, they'd get their knickers in a knot, but I just may write a poem to two about my new 'love affair' next week when you folks get back.

They're serving turkey for Easter dinner. Most of the residents here are all excited, but I really couldn't care less. When I still made Easter dinner, we always had ham and scalloped potatoes. I would cut the fat on the ham in a criss-cross- pattern and stick each square with a cherry and a clove on a toothpick. Sometimes, just for fun, I'd use pineapple, but when my arthritis got real bad, it was tough to do all the cutting. Sweet memories. Yes, the kids would all fight for those crispy morsels. I wonder if they still make a ham at Easter? I'll ask when they call, unless of course they'll wait until after the holidays so they can tell me every detail. I should get a call by next weekend--for sure.

But, like I said, I'm writing this letter to thank my many friends on FanStory. Thanks for not laughing at my poems and especially thank you for helping me along. It's not true an old dog can't learn new tricks. I've learned many things here and I appreciate the lessons.

I'll pray for all of you in chapel on Sunday, even that mean guy who told me my poetry stinks. It hurt my feelings for a long time, but then I decided he was right, of course. I didn't go back to the computer for more than a week, and then only to see what all of you were up to. I pretty much decided that I could still read even if I didn't write anything that would offend the real writers on FanStory. It's so hard to make my stars last. They're usually gone by Monday. But that's because, reading your poems and stories makes me happy, and I always want the writers to know how much I appreciate all their hard work.

I'm not sure why I wrote this poem, and I'm doubly sure no one will be interested. I'm not very good at poetry, you know. Still, I wrote it down and thought maybe a few of my fans would enjoy my words. Can you believe it? I'm over eighty and I have fans! Well, that never happened in my life before I found FanStory. Most people said my name was like a self-fulfilled prophesy--boring. Hey! Since joining FS, I know that self-fulfilled means that I was responsible. My parents named me Mildred. Maybe they figured I'd never amount to much.

coloured eggs and frilly bonnets
lonely, old souls
still seek Easter blessings.

It's not a haiku, LOL. I know.

Happy Easter.

Love, Millie.

PS: I hope you enjoy the picture. I spent a lot of time looking for something pretty, but when I saw this one, I got the giggles. I'm not pushing up daffodils just yet. Still here.  Oops!  That's daisies, isn't it?  I'll get it right--sooner or later.

Recognized

Author Notes
Yes, this is fiction, but look around and see if you recognize Millie.

Kindness and a gentle touch, the wishes I extend in hopes that we recognize those who attend our 'services' and share our words with only the desire to be recognized and connect with other people who share their need to communicate with the written word.

     

© Copyright 2024. Spiritual Echo All rights reserved.
Spiritual Echo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement