FanStory.com - Why I Am On FanStoryby patcelaw
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Relating why I am on FanStory.
Why I Am On FanStory by patcelaw





























Being on  FanStory now for seven months I must say, I have gotten an education about writing poetry, prose, essays and reviewing. I never knew there were so many poetry formats.
I have begun to see if I can write many of the poetry formats. I want to accomplish all of them. This will stretch my mind a bit, if you will. I am getting old, but thankfully I still have a rather sharp mind and know I must keep it active so I can keep the few brain cells that are left.

Having contests, which I don't often enter, has made for mind-stretching challenges for me. I have entered several contests and only won one that I entered. I have been disqualified from a couple, but even being disqualified has been a learning experience. I learned to make sure I have full understanding of the rules, and then abide by those rules.

I originally became a member to write my autobiography, which I did. It was a challenge and helped me become a better writer. I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I do try new and different things.

Since I am a Christian and my faith is important to me, I write a lot about my faith in God and His goodness to me. I do try to write other things than faith poems, and I think if you look at my profile, you will find I have written a number of things that are not directly related to my faith. That being said, I will not stop writing faith-based poetry, as that is a gift given to me by God. He gives me the words to write and I write them.

I enjoy reading the works of other writers and many of those works bless me and are uplifting to my spirit. I enjoy giving positive reviews to my fellow writers, so they will be encouraged to keep writing.

Many times I will receive a review from my fellow writers that will trigger a new idea for a poem or story to write.

This is why I am still on FanStory and will remain as long as I still have a mind agile enough to write something meaningful to some, I hope. Regards to all. Thanks for your support.
-Patricia Lawrence

Recognized

Author Notes
To all my fellow Fanstorians, may you find blessings in a few of the things I write.

     

© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement