FanStory.com - A Kiss by the Bookby jmdg1954
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
First kiss...
A Kiss by the Book by jmdg1954
















I pulled the reference book from the shelf. Stupid, heavy book. I shuffled to the back of the library away from most students and sat on the cushioned arm of the chair. With a thud, I dropped into the seat and slunk back to study.

I heard other shuffling footsteps coming closer, followed by, "Mind if I join you?"

Quickly embarrassed and unsure what to do, I shrugged my shoulders. I cleared my throat, squirmed and scooted to the left. Before I could answer, he climbed in beside me. Oh no, his hip's touching mine!

He smelled of Brut cologne. I almost choked. It was the most intoxicating and dreamy scent I ever smelt. We sat pretending to read, not saying a word. It was awkward until his knee brushed against mine. Did he mean to do that... I think he meant to do that!

He broke the silence by commenting on what he read in his psych text book. Something maybe about relationships. I can't remember what exactly it was he said, but it soon turned to the topic of kissing and if I thought it weird to kiss with your eyes open.

I swallowed. My heart jumped to my throat. My stomach dropped to my knees. My eyes pierced the floor. I finally muttered, "Uh yeah, totally!" OMG, lame answer...

He moved dangerously close. He prefaced his next move with something like, "Hmmm, I don't know . . . should we try it out?"

He waited. When my terror-filled eyes met his, he laid one on me. What a gentlemen. His lips touched mine. His lips... touched mine!

Suddenly I was floating, weightlessly in space. Kissing with your eyes open isn't weird. It's the best! We continued. Eyes open. Closed. Open. Then closed. Then open again. I had no idea kissing could be so, so razz-a-ma-tazz-ingly groovey.

We were finally interrupted by a forced cough from the librarian, followed by a stern look and raised eyebrow. "Library is closed," was all she said.

In a nervous huff I rushed home and spent half the night telling Bumpkins, my teddy bear, about the kiss.  I was a big mush and replayed the night's event in my head for hours.

Recognized

Author Notes
I both missed the contest and rarely do poetry. Just a little something fun.

     

© Copyright 2024. jmdg1954 All rights reserved.
jmdg1954 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement