FanStory.com - CHAPTER DIEZ; PART TRESby barbara.wilkey
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Jim prepares to go after Soni.
Texas Dream Catcher
: CHAPTER DIEZ; PART TRES by barbara.wilkey

Background
Soni Adler owns the Rockin' A ranch. I35 goes through it. Drug & human traffickers use I35 for transportation to other parts of the US. Jacob Blackwood is an ICE agent. Will these two find love?

ENDING OF PREVIOUS POST:

"Would I go after her if she was a man?" Alex shook his head. "No, I wouldn't. I'm not going now. She's the owner of this ranch and my boss. I trust her instinct."

"Gus, you got an extra horse?" Jim glared at Alex. "She's already angry with me. I'll go."

"Ay, Dios mio! We don't need an accident prone Gringo on a horse." Alex kicked the dirt.

Jim's eyes met Alex's. "I know how to ride. I'm capable of taking care of myself." He paused and then continued, "and Soni."

The tips of Alex's ears turned pink.

"I need a good horse, a bedroll, food, and the weapons you took from my SUV. I'm a good tracker. I can find and catch up with Soni." Jim glanced at his watch. "I can be ready in fifteen minutes." He headed toward the house, stopped, and faced Alex. "If you hadn't stolen my weapons, I probably wouldn't have gotten shot. I could've defended myself."

TODAY'S POST:

Tatiana turned and strutted toward the house. "Jim, I'll go with you and get food ready. Soni said she expected to be gone about four days. I'll put in extra for you both and extra dog food. I'm sure Gus will take care of the horses."

"I appreciate the help."

"Soni's capable of taking care of herself, but I'm worried her love for Midnight might have clouded her judgment." Tatiana headed to the kitchen.

"I'm in complete agreement." Jim opened the door to the room where he slept to pack a few things.

When Jim finished he returned to the living room, where Alex stood with the weapons they'd confiscated from his Suburban.

"I thought you might need these. We hid them in the outside storm cellar. They were safe." Alex held them out.

Jim removed his belt and placed the Marine force night stalker bowie knife's sheath on it. "This will probably come in handy." Next he took the Glock .40 cal. and checked the fifteen round clip. "Do you have the rest of the clips?"

After Alex handed him additional clips, Jim placed them inside the pockets of his black tactical vest. "Thanks." He held the M249 squad Automatic Weapon (SAW), "I sure hope I won't need this," and handed it to Alex. Jim put the M40A1 sniper rifle up to his strongest eye. "I'm sure I'll need this." He attempted to place the rifle out-of-sight when Tatiana brought him a full saddle bag.

"I hope this is enough food." Tatiana eyed the weapon. "You don't need to hide that from me. I live on a Texas ranch."

"I guess that's true." Jim grinned. He took the proffered food and glanced at the door. "I'm ready to hit the road. Don't worry about Soni. I'll bring her back safe." Jim gave Tatiana a reassuring hug before he left the house.

*****
Alex and Gus watched Jim ride off. Gus hit his hat against his thigh. "He's been on a horse before."

"Sure looks like it. Do you still have that cot set up back there?" Alex pointed to the tack room.

"You figure Tatiana's going to send you back there?" Gus chuckled before he continued, "Why didn't you go after Soni yourself?"

"Thought if she wanted me along, she would've waited. Why didn't she?"

"That I don't know. I do know you'd better get inside and sweet talk your wife." Gus walked away.

Alex paced around the stable a few moments, bolstering the nerve to talk with his angry wife.

As Alex stood in the center of the living room, he asked, "What's for dinner? It sure smells good."

"I heated myself leftovers. I don't know what you're eating." Tatiana walked past her husband and into the bedroom.

When Tatiana returned, she set a pillow and a blanket on the couch.

"You're making me sleep here?" asked Alex.

"I will not sleep with you until that child I raised from an infant returns safely." Tatiana slammed the door to the bedroom.







Recognized

Author Notes
Thank you google images for an image of a man that might look like Jim. I was looking for a cowboy on a horse. I didn't know they all rode with such few clothes on. LOL I did enjoy searching before I found this photo. Thank you for reading and reviewing. If you have not read from the beginning, you WILL be confused. I don't redefine each character in every post.

     

© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement