FanStory.com - CHAPTER SIETE; PART UNOby barbara.wilkey
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A fixed date?
Texas Dream Catcher
: CHAPTER SIETE; PART UNO by barbara.wilkey

Background
Soni Adler owns the Rockin' A ranch. I35 goes through it. Drug & human traffickers use I35 for transportation to other parts of the US. Jacob Blackwood is an ICE agent. Can these two find love?

ENDING OF PREVIOUS POST:

"No, it's not. It does have a message we should live by. Nothing good ever comes from quarrelling."

"But...." Soni sighed. "Okay, I've been rightfully chastised." Her eyes met Jim's. "I'm sorry. I've been rude to you."

"It's just as much my fault. My secrecy hasn't made it easy for you to trust. If I could, I'd answer your questions." Jim studied his plate. "Please don't ask any further questions. You're safe as long as I don't answer." He got up and headed toward the guest room.

Kuruk stood. "Jim, wait."

TODAY'S POST:

CHAPTER SEVEN

Kuruk followed Jim into the guest room.

Tatiana touched Soni's arm. "I guess your grandfather had something else to talk about."

After Kuruk returned, he took a drink of iced tea and nodded at Soni. "Jim would like to escort you to the Bountiful Harvest Celebration. He's never been to one."

Alex took a bite of chicken and chewed slowly, before he said, "I think that's a fine idea."

Soni released a deep breath. "I've been able to get my own dates for quite a while now. I don't need your help, Grandfather."

"My child, with the likes of Miguel Sanchez pining for your time I think you could use a little assistance." Kuruk took a bite of chicken. "This is very good, Tatiana. When I cook chicken, it's dry. This is very moist."

"Nice attempt at changing the subject, Grandfather. I think you and Alex are ganging up on me." Soni glared at Kuruk. "Don't you think Jim will think it's a little suspicious that you suggested we go to this thing together?"

"No. I worded it very carefully."

"You're very direct when you speak." When Soni's eyebrows crunched together, Alex chuckled. Her eyes met Alex's. "You're no better than he is."

"I made some brownies. Who would like some?" Tatiana started cutting.

Soni stepped from the table. "I think I need ice cream with mine. Anybody else?"

"No, but a glass of cold milk would be nice." Alex watched Goliath and Mack follow Soni into the kitchen.

"I could use some milk too," Kuruk's voice followed her. He then asked Alex, "Do you think I interfered too much?"

"I don't think so. I think it's a great idea, but Soni doesn't trust him."

"I'm in the kitchen. I can hear you, and no I don't trust him." Soni carried a tray and handed Kuruk a filled glass. "Too many suspicious things have happened since the day I met him."

Tatiana returned from the guest bedroom. "Jim will be out in a minute. He'd like some milk and ice cream with his brownies."

Soni handed Alex his milk and set her bowl of ice cream by her place setting. "I'll get it."

When she returned, Jim was seated, talking with Alex.

Leaning over his right arm, Soni set his glass and bowl on the table.

Jim smiled at Soni. "Thank you for inviting me to the Bountiful Harvest Celebration at the reservation. I've never been to one." He hesitated. "Matter-of-fact, this will be my first time on a reservation.

Soni's eyes widened as she studied Grandfather, but answered, "I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself. It'll be different than the big city life you're used to."

"How did you know I was raised in New York City?"

"I didn't. I guessed you were from the city. I figured from someplace on the East Coast because you have a slight accent, or at least not Texan."

"You're pretty good at guessing." Jim took a bite of ice cream.

Alex excused himself from the table and answered his cell. "What? How did that happen? Okay." He proceeded to sit, when another call came in. "You too?" Before he could put his phone away, a third call came. He faced Soni. "The buffaloes, longhorns, and brahmans are all stampeding. The buffaloes are headed toward the reservation."

"That's not possible. What could have set all the bovines in motion at once? They're miles apart."

Kuruk stood and closed his eyes. "If man's involved, anything is possible."


Recognized

Author Notes
Thank you google images for an image of a plate of brownies. I may have to make a batch. This post is from my notes. I hope it makes sense. Thank you for reading and reviewing. I'm still making numerous errors and need all of your help. If you have not read from the beginning, you WILL be confused. I don't redefine each character in every post.

PS: A.J. one of my huge orange tabbies is helping me post. He's responsible for any errors this week. LOL He either sits in front of the screen, walks across the keyboard, or lays on my hand when I use the mouse. It doesn't do any good to move him, he returns.

     

© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement