FanStory.com - The Callby LoannaLois
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
One night on the Suicide-Prevention hot line.
The Call by LoannaLois

Hello...Bryn? This is Lo. I see you have called tonight, and I am calling you back. Thank you for leaving your number. Please...don't hang up. I can talk and listen all night. I am here, and I want to get to know you if you will let me.

You are asking me why you should care? Well, I'll try to help you find some answers if you'll let me.

This old world has been around for a long time, and we still haven't found a way to find happiness and keep it alive, Bryn.That's really all it is.

What has happened to you is a tragedy. You want to blame yourself. I'm sorry but you aren't even close to being responsible. This is the truth. He had planned doing something fun and wanted you with him. This is where your thinking becomes cloudy.You simply missed your flight. You didn't mean to. Do you think it is your fault that the train track was impassable? Was it your fault that the freeway was shut down to one lane? There had been an accident.

You dropped the children off at your sister's and you tell me they didn't want you to leave? Try to remember what that conversation was all about. What did Anna say, Bryn? Listen to those words, again."I want you to stay, Mommy." And remember Ben. Ben gave you his bear. That's love, Bryn. That's your happiness. That's all they want or will ever need in a world that isn't fair.

Bryn, please don't be a part of the world that's unfair and unhappy. For if you keep thinking those unfair thoughts you will cause those children unthinkable pain for the rest of their lives. You don't have the right to do that. Mark didn't mean or want to die. But you were planning that end.

Bryn, I want you to go unlock your front door for the kind officers who will bring you in. I will get you help...and we will check on the kids.

Go on...go open the door. I'll wait for you. I'm not going anywhere.

Welcome back to life, Bryn. I pray you will live to bring happiness into the lives of others...for you will have known how it feels to have lost and then found it. May God bless you.

Recognized

Author Notes
Taken from a night on the suicide prevention line. Everything was changed. It was a true situation with different details.

     

© Copyright 2024. LoannaLois All rights reserved.
LoannaLois has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement