FanStory.com - Christine Reveals & Bunkers Belowby michaelcahill
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Christine talks about her dreams, more stragglers found.
Yosemite
: Christine Reveals & Bunkers Below by michaelcahill

Background
Yosemite and the people that are there attempt to survive an earth-wide catastrophe.

Previously, Johnny has averted a potential pullout of soldiers who were responding to a bogus implanted image of rescue. Johnny and Christine have selected a few people to be the true power of the camp. Work for the rest of the camp is under way and productive. Answers to the state of the earth physically are sought. The source of the dreams and how to combat them are needed. We continue now as Johnny finds Christine deep in thought.


Christine seemed transfixed on the sunrise the next morning. Her limbs were as short as mine were absurdly long. Something not noticed unless pointed out. We pointed it out to each other, of course, finding laughter to be a major component of love. She sat there with her legs crossed in a position that I would adopt, but found less comfortable. The sky had become common to me by now. But, her contemplation of it made me consider it once again. Blue was replaced by colors that were not blue. Has a higher power painted a sky canvas to set the mood? Doom seemed the journey's end over the horizon.
 
"It’s all whispers, Johnny. Whispers and feelings. Deceptions and plots. Pieces of a puzzle that leave too much to the imagination. Iranians, Russians, brain waves…senseless, but all aggressive and with ill will. You should know that my family thought I was mentally ill, Johnny. They were all so dull, and I was…so…so like this." She smiled knowing that I understood. "I had already reached the age of fourteen when I realized that my dreams weren't real. At least, everyone told me that they weren't. Imagine if people tried to tell you I wasn't real, Johnny. Imagine that. Can you understand what my reaction would be?"
 
"Yes. I can. I would know the truth. I suppose I would no longer feel part of them. I would feel alone. How could I be a part of a world that I wasn't a part of…that didn't acknowledge my own world as real."
 
"That is exactly it. Well, it is all for another time. But, in a strange way, the angry red skies and smirking sun seem much more real to me than the blue skies filled with white doves that used to greet my mornings. You are more real to me too, Johnny."
 
I didn't have words. Ironic, I suppose, for one blessed with them. I hoped a smile and a kiss would suffice. "These whispers, do you get that from the people here…from me?"
 
"Not in the way you mean. I sense. I sense intentions and feelings. It isn't specific. I know that I am desired. I know it. I don't get it. But, yes, I know it. Carlos, Linda even Russell are all attracted to me at different levels. You were from the moment I met you. But, the intentions or I should say the feelings that all of you projected were all different. You understand what I am saying. You have this same ability. That is how you knew to pursue me. You sensed my attraction. You may not even have realized it. You've always been like this. Back at the camp yesterday, it was no accident that you knew exactly what to say. You could feel it. All of the people receiving these dreams must have this ability. People call it ESP or whatever. That isn't a bad term. Extra sense. That is probably what it is. An extra sense that has some physical source within our brain. They have discovered how to tap into it."
 
I saw were she was going, "So, the ones that had the ability would receive the messages. Someone like me wouldn't have a clue what was going on. I imagine that no one would question the dreams. Why would they? It would be human nature to think that they were having a vision or something. I never would have seen underneath the message without you directing me."
 
The dreams were making a little more sense. I love the Twilight Zone, but being in a real-life episode wouldn't be a burning desire. "How are we able to tap into their thoughts then? We aren't transmitting anything."
 
"That I don't know. But, they are transmitting a signal and I imagine we are riding right back on it. We are tapping into whatever is at the other end. It could be other signals being sent to troops. I don't know. I know that it is something they aren't aware of. That's a big plus for us."
 
Lester came strolling up. "Ma's got a pot a coffee on. We's got sumpin a show ya. You's gonna like this." Lester looked about as amused as a possum right side up on a Ferris wheel. Well, I suppose I should leave the down-home wisdom to Ma.
 
We came upon Ma sitting by her campfire with three disheveled gentlemen and one older lady. The lady looked as though coffee had just been invented and she owned the rights to it. She looked to be perhaps forty, though whatever she had been through might have contributed a few years to my perception. The gentlemen looked like over-grown boy scouts, in over their heads, and lost on an overnight camping trip. I noted that they were all well-groomed and looked nourished.
 
Ma looked amused. I swear, she thought this whole situation was a hoot. She may have been correct. "I found a few more supplies. These folks here been a takin good care of em. I gots a couple boys a tied up over there by that tree."

I looked over to see two soldiers sharply dressed and looking very unhappy.

Ma continued. "They's powerful important top secret military men. They's got themselves quite the bunker built underneath all this. Course none of it works. But, keeps the rain off'n yer noggin'."
 
They were in full military dress. Bunker. Damn! An underground bunker. This I had to see. I walked over to them.
 
"I'm Johnny. You two been hiding out in the bunker this whole time? What's you names?"
 
"Staff Sergeant Nicodemus Fierstein. This here is my assistant, Private Mark Henry."
 
"What do they call you, Nick?"
 
"They call me Sgt. Fierstein." He looked defiant in a way that said, "this is my last hurrah."
 
"Look, Nick, I don't have time for this. I get your loyalty, duty and honor and that's fine. The world has gone to hell and we're standing at the gates. I've got a whole platoon of former United States soldiers in camp and there is only one thing we're all worried about now, saving our asses. Now let's go have a look-see at that bunker. You can give us a tour."
 
He paused and let reality sink in and, appearing relieved, nodded in the affirmative.
 
Bunker was an understatement. There was a city beneath Yosemite. Without electricity a lot of the equipment was useless. It had weaponry and dry goods. There were blankets, clothes, tents and all manner of survival gear.
 
I looked to Christine. "I'm wondering if we want everyone to know about this. I mean, it seems like a lot to throw at them all at once."
 
"You know, Johnny, I think those soldiers would have a sense of this being theirs. They think they're still in the Army or whatever. Even Carlos thinks that. I still think they're capable of military thinking. Hell, they were ready to march off at the drop of a hat. We have to maintain control of this. What about Dudley DoRight and his girlfriend here?" She nodded to Sgt. Nick and Mark.
 
"I see them coughing up Mark's bra size if any of the soldiers asks for it. I don't know what the hell to do with them. Scare em?"
 
Christine smiled, my favorite insane smile.

She addressed the two soldiers. "Listen, I'm sorry about this. But, we're going to have to eliminate you two. You can't be trusted and we can't have this information leaking out. I'm guessing there's medical supplies here. I'd like this to be painless. Hmm. Maybe some morphine. Some good pain killers. That's a nice peaceful way to go. I just have arrows here. That could take a while. How bout it. Any pain pills or anesthetic stashed her"
 
Christine pulled an arrow out of her quill and sent it whooshing through the air straight at Nick. Before it arrived she had already pulled and shot another arrow straight at Mark. Damn, she looked so cool, like a forest goddess. Almost in unison, Mark and Nick turned their heads inwards to look at the two arrows side by side in the beam between them. They were both white as sheets and Mark was a black man. 


 

Recognized

Author Notes
Christine reveals more about her own dreams and psychic abilities. Ma has found four forest rangers and captured two American soldiers that have been holed up in a huge underground bunker filled with supplies. Answers to the physical changes occurring on earth may be forthcoming soon as one of the rangers is well versed on such things. Thanks to all that are trying to keep me from drowning. Hahaha. Your input and help is amazing. Thank you so much. mikey

     

© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement