FanStory.com - Lord of Darknessby amahra
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The Fall and Rise of Lucifer
Lord of Darkness by amahra


                           


                           Prelude


The glory of God filled the heavens, like an endless sea of glass, bright as crystal. Rivers of colorful light appeared as inverted sapphires and flowed from the throne of the Almighty. Circling the throne was a rainbow as radiant as an emerald. There proved no need for moons or suns to shine. He was their light and the Lamb was their lamp.

In the center of the royal deity stood seven spirits; each appeared as a blazing torch. Four creatures surrounded the throne. Each had six wings that were covered with eyes. Surrounding them--a wider circle of twenty-four elders clad in sparkling white robes sat upon their thrones. And upon their heads were crowns of gold.

Out from the throne went flashes, like lightning and roars as thunder. Loud angelic voices worshiped the Lord perpetually: until the words took form. The throne room overflowed with music of harps, horns, cymbals and other instruments of gold. And as the music meshed with the singing, it created a mist that served as fragrant incense in the nostrils of God.

But not all linger before the throne. So a special trumpet signaled the heavenly court to parade their beauty before the Lord. Numbered as the stars--they came wearing their crowns and their flowing white and silver garments. They stood on the blue sapphire floor in front of the throne and bowed before God. But the Bearer of Light was not present. An instrument that could speak his name rang out to summon him. It echoed across the expansion, circled the streets that glittered, like green carnelian stones and hovered above his golden mansion. Still--he would not come.

Recognized

Author Notes
This is a sample prelude to my book, Paradise Lost. Many reviewers won't like my using Milton's tittle. So perhaps: Paradise Lost/Lord of Darkness. I'm not too sure if I'm going to keep the 'Paradise Lost' portion of the title, though I like it. The book is a fantasy fiction based on the actual events of Lucifer's fall from heaven described in the Bible. I wrote this to show his first act of defiance. I'm hoping this prelude is a good lead into the first chapter. I wanted to keep the prelude short so the readers can get right to the heart of the story.

Image by Google

     

© Copyright 2024. amahra All rights reserved.
amahra has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement