FanStory.com - WHY?????by barbara.wilkey
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A harsh look at life.
WHY????? by barbara.wilkey

Each New Year, I post something uplifting about the upcoming year. This morning I tried to put my thoughts down but struggled. Mostly because of the children I have in my first grade class this year. I'm wondering why children must be born into these horrible situations. Why are there 1.1 million homeless students in the US? And then how many homeless children are there in the US that never see the inside of a school?

The US is one of the richest nations in the world and many of our children suffer. WHY? I have no answers and I know you don't either.

In my surrounding area, stores started the Christmas season specials before Halloween. Again, I wonder why. I do know the answer to that one, to make more money. Many in the US, and I'm sure around the world, have forgotten why we celebrate Christmas. It's not about the material presents we'll get. It's about a small Infant that was born so He could die for our sins in order that we might have everlasting life. He's our Savior.

I sit at my computer and ponder about my first graders, knowing the only present many of them will receive are the small gifts I got for them. Many of their parents won't be home, although they live with them or some sort of a guardian. For them Christmas dinner will be the canned and boxed food I sent home so they'd have something to eat while away from school.

As my husband and I set out our Christmas decorations, tears came to my eyes when I realized the lamb was missing from the Nativity Scene. Brian, being a typical husband had no clue what was going on and the more I explained the more baffled he became. That poor man!

My first graders are innocent lambs, only I fear many of them will become sacrificial to our society.

Recognized

Author Notes
This is not my usual type of posts. This years crop of first graders are eating away at me. They are so needy.

     

© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement