FanStory.com - Blah, Blah, Blah...by Spiritual Echo
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
just for my own amusement
Blah, Blah, Blah... by Spiritual Echo

Let's examine hate, fondle the word and caress the intent.

Throughout my life, I've held onto the notion that hate is absolutely not the opposite of love. To hate someone effectively requires an emotional investment. It takes a heavy dose of adrenalin to conjure up fury, exact revenge and even the sacrifice of a few brain cells should I fantasize about the demise of my arch enemy.

There are damn few people in my life worthy of such a spurt of energy. Disgust, on the other hand, is easily dispensed. I can water it down or spike it up depending on my mood, the tides or the temperature. Unlike hate, it requires absolutely no validation.

"You disgust me." End of story. I either spit or curl my lip with disdain, but I don't hang around for a rebuttal.

Here's the thing about hate. Most folks wait for a reaction, a reply and really, what is the polite thing to say in those circumstances?

"I hate you too...please pass the bread."

"Surely, you must be speaking about someone else?"

"Don't be ridiculous. What would you know about hate?"

Now given that this is not a multiple answer question, I nonetheless have spent the predawn hours pondering hate....and now I'm tired, bored, in fact.

You know, the opposite of love is apathy, and at this point, I don't give a shit.


Recognized

     

© Copyright 2024. Spiritual Echo All rights reserved.
Spiritual Echo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement