FanStory.com - What If?by justjo66
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Short essay with freestyle poem
What If? by justjo66

Many times in my life I have been halted in my tracks by fear. No, not the scary movie kind of fear but the fear that grips your very soul and squeezes til your breath is only a faint whisper. You cannot cry out or scream. These are the times of sheer terror when only the groaning of your soul can be heard...there are no words to express...there are no more tears to cry. It is total heart stopping fear. You, too, may have experienced this type of fear. The late night call, the child that hasn't come home, the diagnosis of a fatal or life threatening disease...it goes on and on.

Sometimes, however, we fear for no reason. This is ungrounded fear. Fear causes us to hold on to the things we have. Fear of the "what ifs"

"What if I fail?"
"What if everyone laughs at me?"
"What if I can't sustain the success?"
"What if I succeed?"

Have you ever just sat down and thought about what you really want and where you want your life to go?

"What are you afraid of?"
"What's holding you back?"

Life is a journey and like a journey there is going to be a variety of circumstances you encounter along the way.

Don't let ungrounded fear stop you from achieving your goals for your life. Step out, you can do it!

Poem: Baring it All
Why won't you risk baring it all?
Instead you hide behind those beautiful words
Rhymes and rhythms
all flow along so sweetly.

What are you afraid of?
Write something that means something!
Reveal your soul
Expose the inner mind
Rejection stings but it is not fatal.
Unless you let it be.

How many poems can you write about
flowers and spring?
Sweet, syrupy but absolutely no purpose
No power
Open up...let them know your true self.


Author Notes
Just thoughts aimed at myself. I have spent many years hiding who I am and how I feel. It's time to be "just me.":O)

     

© Copyright 2024. justjo66 All rights reserved.
justjo66 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement