FanStory.com - Maybeby GWHARGIS
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
When do you stop a friend from doing something wrong?
Maybe by GWHARGIS

Maybe I should have stopped her. Just put my hand across her glass. I know her, she would have waited until I pulled it away.

Maybe I should have told her she had started to cross that line. Four glasses of Chardonnay had started messing up her mind. The alcohol had loosened her tongue.

Maybe I should have led by example. I should have told her it was time to go. But I didn't have the problem.

Maybe I should have taken her keys. Maybe I should have called a cab. Four glasses of Chardonnay have no business behind the wheel.

Next time. Maybe next time I'll take the bull by the horns. Tell her like it is.

Maybe I should have worn green. It was always her favorite color. But mourning is meant for black.

Maybe I should have brought tissues and hid behind dark glasses.

Maybe I should have told her that I thought she had a problem. Things would have been uncomfortable, but I would have been a better friend.

Maybe one day I won't feel like I should have done something.

Recognized

Author Notes
Written with a dear friend in mind. Losing her to another friend is difficult but losing her to alcohol is hell.

     

© Copyright 2024. GWHARGIS All rights reserved.
GWHARGIS has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement