FanStory.com - The Tea Pot and the PeaCock!by Mike K2
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Some experiences are meant to be shared.
The Tea Pot and the PeaCock! by Mike K2

I can't wait for a spot of tea,
just a little rejuvenation for me!
What a joy to set the stove to flame,
a pot of water, to boil, life I refrain.

Ahh.. To relax in a chair ...
What the tea pots whistling with flare?
I just put it on, and it's only warm,
barely a bubble but what amazing charm,
why is the pot's whistle still there?

What a sight to see,
but the whistle is actually
behind me coming from a window?
Oh no! Deranged fan, or paparazzi?
A climbing fool, or wooing glitterati?
What terrible thoughts to sow,
Oh ... It's some bird calling with glee.

Good it's stopped,
I hear the whistle on the pot.
Tea, you are the best,
to bed and get the much needed rest!

Sweet dreams!
Wait, I forgot to turn off the tea pot!
I ran for nothing, I hope that bird rots!

What a way to wake!
Someone put tea on for goodness sake,
that damn bird again, you I berate!

Another total exhausting performance,
can't wait for a little tea by chance.
OK, bird I only filled the tea pot,
I'm staying with it so you can stop!

What do you mean I have to take this call,
"Goodbye," I need a little rest after all!
There goes that bird off again, even at ten,
"What do you mean my tea
pot is cracked and blew it's top?
I thought it was the bird because
he doesn't know when to stop!

Throwing open the window,
"Well bird, I'm off to a new city
hoping you won't become a fan that follows me.
I wondered what bird could drive me crazy,
you're a beautiful peacock,
I am naming you Harold, because he
was attractive and like you,
he too didn't know when to stop.

But be forewarned you got the best of Lady,
but no more because it won't be a whistle,
instead a light as the next teapot
will be ran off of electricity!

You'll be an irritation, but
you won't again get me!

Author Notes
The photograph is a photoshopped compilation for an Indian Peafowl, and a photograph of a wax statue of Lady Ga Ga from Madame Tussauds wax museum in London. They were found under Peafowl and Lady GaGa wikipedia entries and are consider public domain.


To call myself a Lady GaGa fan would have her sew me into a dress for her next awards appearance. I just heard some of her early music and only know her through an Oprah Interview and her face book page. Considering with a single post, in a matter of hours she gets 13,000 to 25,000 likes and about 3,000 to 5,000 comments. No sense trying to post anything yourselves because she averages one every fifteen seconds.

Yet I enjoy some of her posts and consider them delightful entertainment, and I do answer many and perhaps I am unique enough to garner a look and a laugh or if a point, to present something to consider.

Lately, she is over seas and her bad news was she had to cancel one of her shows due to the treat of terrorist. But in another Asian city, she had a bird mess with her pretty good. Because of my own experience with birds, it cracked me up for a couple of days and reminded me of my fair feathered friends that were cute in one way and totally drove me crazy in another.

With nature photography, I was usually up two hours before dawn and in the field until dusk. I did spend about three hours at camp to shower, get a swim in and grab dinner, but found myself using about half the time acting as an impromptu racial liaison officer. It was nothing like a little sleep, but we had a whippoorwill serenading us until morning broke. Even with ear plugs, for what ever reason that bird was as loud with as without the hearing protection.

I was asked for one of my black powder arms by an adult from the troop, and finding out the range officer had them, for a bit of black powder. Same thing, then to make a sling shot rigged with my night vision scope. In addition I had to deal with a Great Blue Hereon who was interested in my doings, but frustrating, very camera shy himself, and spent a good part of the time, trying to photograph a King Fisher. By Friday, it was 9:00am and I gulped down a whole thermos of coffee and 5,000 calories and had to ask myself why my feet were so big, and why it was 4:00pm. I came to the conclusion I had passed out from sheer fatigue, and sitting on the edge of my blind, was that Kingfisher! He didn't hang around long enough for me to photograph him either.

Like in Poe's work, as well as an Alfred Hitchcock flick, I swear there are birds out there that choose their target with due diligence!

8/1/12 - I do need to state that I did drop both my interest and association with Lady GaGa, because of the Born This Way Foundation. While I liked the aims as stated on Oprah, the foundation itself seemed to be geared strictly towards teen, homosexuality. However, many businesses has gave money to the foundation and Lady Ga Ga touted them as, embracing teen homosexuality. Teens and any sexuality in my opinion should be approached with caution, as I feel the skills to maintain the foundations of a good relationship is what is most important to develope. In no way can I condone anything regarding sexuality and children.

     

© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement