FanStory.com - A Hard Day's Nightby Realist101
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A kitten plays hard
A Hard Day's Night by Realist101

Chester had to take a break. He'd shredded two sets of drapes, dragged the trash from one end of the house to the other, and terrorized the fish for over an hour. A fat, black fantail the people called Trish, floated on top of the water, one bulbous eye frozen in death. The others stayed well hidden amongst the sunken treasure chest, and bright green plastic kelp. Chester had worn himself to a cat-frazzle.

The clock on the mantle ticked like the clack of a railcar. Soon the house would come back to life with the hustle and bustle of his humans ... and the slobbering canid they called Billy. A dog so lazy, so unperterbable, that no amount of play could get him to move. He didn't even have a tail to bite.

But all good things must come to an end, and all good cats must come to the aid of their own survival. Little Chester voluntarily sequestered himself for two whole days and two long nights. Just until the new curtains were installed ... and the fish tank had a lid.
















Recognized

Author Notes
THIS PICTURE! The epitome of comfort and joy. Thanks for reading.

     

© Copyright 2024. Realist101 All rights reserved.
Realist101 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement