FanStory.com - SWAT OPENS FIRE ON REVELLERSby Spiritual Echo
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
CONTEST ENTRY
SWAT OPENS FIRE ON REVELLERS by Spiritual Echo
April Fools writing prompt entry
Artwork by dodgement at FanArtReview.com

In a shocking announcement, police have confirmed the senseless execution of twenty-four actors, members of the re-enactment troupe performing the traditional celebratory April first street party.

In a ceremony dating back five hundred years to the time of a profound change in the Gregorian calendar, the New Year was arbitrarily changed to January 1st. Countless people refused to acknowledge that April 1st was no longer the beginning of the New Year, continuing to celebrate a new beginning to coincide with the awakening of the earth each spring.

Those that accepted the change referred to these revellers as 'April Fools'.

Tragically, police misinterpreted the street performance as a national threat. Under the Patriotism Act, no charges or investigations are anticipated.

In a public statement the police chief announced the grievous mistake and offered condolences to the stricken families. Privately he was overheard to say, "If you act like a fool, expect to be treated like one."


Writing Prompt
Write the best April Fools Newspaper Headline ever. Then write a brief paragraph or two to elaborate. Any picture can be used, this picture is simply for fun. You are the newspaper editor so make it good.

Author Notes
Legend has it in the mid 1500's the Gregorian calendar was changed and April Fools were so labelled because they continued to celebrate New Year's Day on April 1st.

     

© Copyright 2024. Spiritual Echo All rights reserved.
Spiritual Echo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement