FanStory.com - Part three, Chapter 15by barbara.wilkey
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Anna finds strength.
Lonely Hearts Meet
: Part three, Chapter 15 by barbara.wilkey

Background
Anna is a young mother striving to find a way out of an abusive marriage. She meets a stranger, Troy. Troy fights his own demons. Can they help each other find love, or are their struggles too much?

From my previous post:

At the door, their eyes met and silence followed.

Anna blew out a deep breath and searched his eyes. "Well, are you going to kiss me, or not?"

**********

Troy chuckled. "The Indian princess is blossoming into a strong woman." He leaned closer. "How could I resist an offer like that?" He stared into her eyes, then embraced her, nuzzled her hair, and whispered, "I want to be with you. But, first, you need to kill your demons."

"Sorry." Anna stepped back and wiped a stray tear. "I didn't mean to pressure you into anything."

"You haven't." He hesitated before he took her hands in his. "Anna, I want your unconditional love. I want you to know there's no need to fear me. When you can do that, we can be together." With his thumb, he dried a tear rolling down her cheek. "Until that day, I'll be patient. You're worth the wait."

Troy answered his ringing cell phone. "Okay, I'll meet you there." After he closed the phone, he sighed. "It was the police. An alarm's going off at work. I'd better see what's going on. I'll see you tomorrow. We'll have lunch together. It's lady's choice." He winked and grinned as he opened the door.

After Troy closed the door, Anna locked it and leaned against it. His big blue eyes and dimples are dangerous. His aftershave is intoxicating. She turned and stared a few moments at the painting of Michael. "I miss you, little man. It's awfully quiet without you." She glanced at her watch. It's a quarter to ten. I'll watch the news, then go to bed.

Anna turned on the TV before she grabbed a magazine and sat on the couch. Troy's very special. When we're together, it's like we belong together. But he's right; we need to take it slow. I'm no good to anybody right now. I need time to heal.

With the television for company, she flipped a few pages, then glanced at the floor and saw a soft toy truck. She bent over and picked it up. This is Michael's favorite. She pushed it along the table top. "I miss him so much."

After getting a glass of water, Anna went to the window and stared out. "I wonder what set off the alarm at Troy's office. I hope it's nothing. Would it be wrong to call and ask? I'd better wait and ask tomorrow."

Anna picked up the receiver of her ringing telephone. "Hello."

"You're Bobby's wife. Did you think you'd get away with whoring around?" asked a female voice. "You'll pay."

Anna slammed down the receiver, then picked it up and screamed, "We're divorced. I can do what I want." She slammed it down again. That was stupid, they'd already hung up. At the sound of a loud muffler, she ran to the window, but couldn't see it.

"Leave me alone. Why can't you leave me alone?" Anna slid to the floor and sobbed.

Moments later, she stood and wiped her eyes with her arm. "I refuse to spend another second having a pity party. I'm through playing their games."


Recognized

Author Notes
Thank you Brian, my husband for letting me use your artwork to show Anna's attempt to break the chains of abuse.

As I head toward finishing this novel, Anna struggles to regain her self-esteem and become the women she was meant to become. Thank you for your support and understand.

SAFE (stop abuse for everyone)
www.safe4all.org

National Domestic Violence Hotline (800)799-7233
Each state has it's own hotline number.


     

© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement