FanStory.com - By The Light Of The Silvery Moonby Realist101
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Going back to what once was
By The Light Of The Silvery Moon by Realist101

The silver light shines brilliant and intense. So bright as to almost blind earthly eyes--and it pulls. Entices. Lures. And the clock strikes twelve.

The old woman peers intently from her bedroom window with rheumy eyes wide with wonder. Her mind awakens, as if from a dream as she slips into a robe. Shuffling into worn out slippers, she walks stiff and sore to the stable where her mare stands, swaybacked, tired and longing for respite.

Weak, but determined, the woman glances upward toward the skies. Upward at the light that pulls her soul along. The light filters in the stable door and with elderly hand quaking, she lifts the bridle from its hook.

"Come, my beauty ... it's time to go. It's time to come with me."

She almost falls, the stall gate is stubborn, like her body. But she carefully bridles the little mare and leads her through the barn out into the light of the silvery moon.

The mounting ramp still remains. The mare remembers. And she stands quiet and still as her mistress eases slowly onto her back. Onto her soft, warm back. With tears of joy silently flowing, the woman strokes the silken neck.

"Take me from this place, my beauty. Please take me to the moon."

And Luna winked at Sleeping Sun, while she let the girl and filly play.

Recognized

Author Notes
Inspired by the moon tonight, and the real desire to go back to what I once was. Thank you for reading and may you always stay young. Also, thanks to PhotoStock for the royalty free pix.

     

© Copyright 2024. Realist101 All rights reserved.
Realist101 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement