FanStory.com - The Clairvoyantby sunnilicious
Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Fiction Horror/Thriller Script
The Clairvoyant by sunnilicious
Be a GhostHunter/TV series contest entry

 

SYNOPSIS - Horror and Thriller Script
The story of a personal investigation that conjured spooks by accident.


INTRODUCTION - Project Location
Isabella Baxter is Pharmacist at the local drugstore chain. She is a single, 30-year old that resides in Spring Hill, Florida. She rents a room from a senior citizen couple (The Nolan’s) about a mile from work. She doesn't date much, because her dream is to marry another Pharmacist and open a family drugstore. Isabella is not willing to budge on her visions of the future, however, she enjoys Internet dating and chat rooms.

The movie starts with Isabella chatting on the Internet minutes before bedtime. She's a bit embarrassed to admit about believing in paranormal phenomenon, but decided to bring it up in a singles chat room.

Mrs. Nolan swears that a ghost on more than a few occasions awaked her during the wee hours of the night. And every time it happens, she forgot to scream. She just looked horrified. Then, two minutes later, Mr. Nolan woke up. He cuddles her. And listens to what she has to say, about the things that fly in the night, as they fall back asleep, until the alarm goes off for breakfast. Because of the trauma, Mrs. Nolan cannot cook. So, they enjoy a Grand Slam at Denny's.

Isabella finds out about other people in Hernando County that have had similar experiences. And the stories of all the friendly ghosts amazed her. Next, Isabella organizes an séance at the house with her online friends. But it does not work until the event is over. And she becomes a clairvoyant pharmacist.


SATURDAY NIGHT - Preparations for the Party
Mrs. Nolan didn't want to relive the groovy 60's. So, Mr. and Mrs. Nolan decided to take, a long weekend, road trip to Savannah, Georgia. It would give them a chance to visit with their son, grandchildren and great grandchildren, which they usually only see for a week during the summer and Christmas.

Isabella made arrangements with a phone directory psychic, Paige David, to be the Séance Medium. Paige would conduct the séance for a fee of $75 per hour, but there was a 2-hour minimum. Also, séance would transpire between 11pm and 1am, because the moon was at its highest point.

Bowls and platters of snack foods and lots of non-alcoholic drinks sat on the dining room table. All the mirrors in the house were covered. The living room furniture was cleared away and filled with fresh fluffed pillows. Also, there was a 5-lb sack of potatoes as requested by the psychic.

Isabella was anxious to see a ghost. She paid the psychic by credit card already. However, the group decided to share the expense for the event. The online group all arrived between 10-10:30pm. And gave Isabella envelopes as they entered the front door. They would of spent the money at dinner, drinking or the movie theater. Might as well chip in for the cost of the séance psychic instead. 

The attendees included;
Paige David, Psychic
Isabella, Pharmacist
Mary, Housewife Next-door
Todd, College Student
George, Claims Adjuster
Danielle, Meter Maid
Amy, Color Consultant

No one in the group ever saw or spoke to real life psychic before. They all hoped it would be an experience like the movies. George openly prayed the psychic was another Whoopi Goldberg. And Mary was glad that she wasn't the ditziest person in the group. Todd didn't expect food, but he was happier because of it. And collectively, they waited for Paige David, psychic extraordinaire, to arrive.


SATURDAY NIGHT - The Séance
Promptly at 10:45pm, the doorbell rang. Everyone ran to the door. The psychic was finally in the house. She brought a lot of bags over. Besides that and her uncombed curly blonde mane, Paige David appeared pretty average.

After she introduced herself and met everyone in the group, Paige brought out some sage and lit it. She asked everyone to continue mingling, while the vicinity was cleared of bad, evil and negative orbs. Isabella showed her around the house. She grew scared when Paige started to chant in Latin.

Danielle grew an uncontrollable laugh. Todd admitted it would probably get weird from here on out. George wanted to know if he could capture the event on his camera phone. Amy looked out the window. And Mary wished her husband supported her beliefs. The sage smell grew stronger, but everyone became more relaxed.

Paige laid the sage on a dessert to continue burning. And she called the group to gather around and sit like Indians on the pillows. They made a human circle. Then, the she grabbed a bag to reveal 3-large white pillar candles, a silver tray and white roses outlined with a natural pink-red color. She asked Mary to set it up in the middle of the circle in any manner that she wished. Then, strike the match and let the wick burn.

Todd wanted to do something. So, she asked him to out the lights everywhere in the house. And return to the circle to contact the dead spirits.

Then, Paige emptied a bag of candles, all bright colors in different sizes. She asked everyone to take 3 candles. They would take the candle home and burn them through the night into day, one at a time until all three were completed. This would make sure that souls evoked tonight would not stay with them in the future.

The candles were luminous in the middle of everybody. And the scent of fresh roses grew more fragrant. But wait, there was more...

George was handed keys to Paige's car. She instructed him to open the trunk. There would be a white cotton bag filled with incense. Pull out a package of the Nagashima Incense Sandalwood. Then come back inside with it.

Amy, Mary and Isabella were ordered to divide up the incense. Then jab 2-sticks per potato and light them up. Next, place one potato in a room. Whatever was left should be placed at both sides of the front and back doors. This ensured the right environment is attained to invoke the good spirits and keep them. Spirits are like a radio dial. They must be correctly attuned.

The time was now 11:30pm.

Amy shrieked and started to cry. She saw a snake coil up the largest candle. No one else saw it.

Paige relaxed Amy was too good-natured to be in the circle. Bad spirits would like Amy. Maybe even attach themselves to her, but it was too late in the process to send her home. She was a paramount part of the group now. "I will have to find a stone for Amy when we are through with the séance to keep her energies clear. Please remind me," Paige asked everyone.

We still have some time. So Paige took out some tarot cards. She passed it around the circle to pick up vibrations in the group. But she could not read the cards. Her telepathy powers kicked in with a punch.

Isabella felt like an oddball. And Paige remarked, "Before this year is over, you will be offered a job as a hospital administrator. Take it. Your future wife will meet you there."

"But I'm straight," replied Isabella.

Paige remarked, "Isabella, you would love anyone that would make your dreams happen the way you want them. Maybe it's a butch. It looks like it."

"No more interruptions. Just let me speak," Paige asked the group.

"Mary, you belong with George. Your husband just wants you for sex. And he hates you right now. His life is just meant for beer and sex. Don't cry just leave," Paige shocked George. And she continued, "George be patient."

"I always thought Mary was cute," George commented.

Paige continued on, "College Todd, you will finish on time. You will never be happy at work, but you will go into computers. Do not leave. There is contentment from home life."

"Awweee, I knew it all along," whined Todd.

"Danielle, you will be buying a new car around Christmas. But you should buy a used car and save to put a down payment on a house instead," Paige tried to convince her.

A shocked Danielle remarked, "Actually, I planned on test driving some of the latest models at the Toyota Dealer in the morning. You read my mind. Thanks."

"Well, the midnight hour is quickly approaching. Let us hold hands. Close your eyes and repeat after me," Paige continued to instruct the group. And she continued, "Om..om...om....Hare OM...Aum...aum aUM... OM. Now breathe in and exhale. Continue on with the chanting and I will speak to bring some spirits through. Om..om...om....Hare OM...Aum...aum aUM... OM. And remember the sequence as I leave you to celebrate the night. Om..om...om....Hare OM...Aum...aum aUM... OM".

The group continued to chant with their eyes closed.

"I feel you," Paige told the air. She paused and continued, "Talk to me. Talk to us. We'd love to be your friend. Let us get to know you."

The chanting and talking continued for about 10-minutes. Then, something fell in the kitchen, and something else. Suddenly, a tea saucer flew from the kitchen.

Paige urged the spirit to come in the living room. But it threw another dish. The group was in complete disbelief. Every facial expression was a different shade of shock.

"Guys, this usually takes about 30-minutes to conjure the Spirit World up. We have something going. Maybe we need to be more loving. Or there could be another spirit coming," Paige smiled. And went on to say, "Relax and keep chanting. The spirit will divulge us information from the other side."

"Om..om...om....Hare OM...Aum...aum aUM... OM," the group chanted louder and louder.

Another spirit entered. It was the soul of a woman. She looked like Danielle.

"That's Annabelle. My twin," Danielle screamed!

"Please don't scream. We want to keep the spirit here not scare them away. Or they'll hurt us," Paige informed everyone.

Paige was shocked it worked. This was her first séance.

'Annabelle, do you have a message for Danielle?

"A faint voice spoke..... I am Danielle. I am Danielle. Annabelle is alive," the spirit spoke.

"How did you die Annabelle," Paige asked?

"In my sleep. I never woke up. Annabelle woke up," the spirit answered. And she continued, "They mixed us up and forgot about me. But I love you Annabelle. I grow with you. I protect you. I am with you. I love you."

Danielle was tearing and wiping her face on the sleeve of Todd's shirt.

Annabelle's spirit just stood there.

Something zapped through the house like lightening and disappeared.

Isabella asked a question, "Who's in the kitchen breaking The Nolan’s dishes?"

Annabelle's spirit vanished.

"Okay, let's keep chanting. Om..om...om....Hare OM...Aum...aum aUM... OM," Paige wasn't sure what to do next.

Todd started to quarrel at the group about them conjuring bully ghosts.

Amy was sure, "Todd is possessed by something, because the rest of us are mortified."

Just then, another spirit entered. It was very friendly. Happy-go-lucky even. He was more faint than Annabelle, but his smile was radiant.

Mary asked a question, "What's your name?"

"Yeaahhh, that's a good question," added George.

"DaaDadavid," the male spirit replied.

Paige asked, "How old are you David?"

"27 before I died, but I should be about 72 now," gurgled David the spirit. And he flew away.

Amy went on, "Time sure is flying. Maybe we should call it a night."

"Isabella, I could stay over if you're scared. The dorms won't miss me," Todd generously offered.

"Actually, those dished rattled me a bit. That's not such a bad idea," Isabella replied. 

Paige tried to call everyone to order again, "We didn't end this properly."

"I'm sure it's okay. The smoke ratio is over 100%. And it's so fragrant, that it could wake heaven," a lazy Danielle commented.

George added, "Yeaahhh Annabella would know best."

Mary start laughed, "Let's do this again".

Paige was reading a book about séances. Amy and Danielle left. Isabella got Todd situated. Todd got comfy in the family room. Mary stayed a little while longer to clean up the kitchen. She enjoyed talking to George. George liked his phone. Everyone had fun.


SUNDAY MORNING - The Candles

Todd walked out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel. Then slipped into his blue jeans. And knocked on Isabella's door, "I need a t-shirt. And it's after 8 o'clock. I'll be making breakfast."

Isabella answered, "The house smells so good but my eyes burn."

"Well, after breakfast you could hang out with me at the dorms. Maybe, there's a volleyball game waiting for us to play. And I've got tennis racks. Tennis is good," chattered Todd as he walked away.

"I should open all the windows and let the house air. Volleyball sounds fun," spoke Isabella as she made the bed. And she continued, "I'm jumping in the shower. There's a bunch of t-shirts in the top draw of my bureau. Take whatever you want. They're all old, but it's still a comfy tee."

Knock-knock

Todd ran for the door without a shirt on and saw a bald, muscled by stocky man standing outside. He thought to himself, "I hope that's not Isabella's boyfriend."

Knock-knock-knock

Todd opens the door, "Hey."

"Hello. Where are The Nolan’s? And who are you? You're that grandson the Mrs. is always talking about," the stranger quickly questioned?

"They're out of town. Isabella's in the shower. Can I help you," Todd replied.

"My name is Danny. My kid couldn't sleep. She smelled something. I came outside to get the newspaper and the smell is all over my yard. Were you smoking weed over here or something," he questioned again?

"Actually, we're not on the drug scene. Mrs. Nolan saw a ghost a few times. So a few of Isabella's friends got together. We tried conducting a real séance. It was cool," Todd told Danny.

Danny made a face, "That sounds freakish. I'd just call Ghost Hunters," replied Danny. And he continued, "Once everything is okay. I don't believe she didn't invite me. I would of come. Tell Isabella to call me."

"I could do that. You could come in for coffee," commented Todd.

Danny turned around, "My breakfast is getting cold. Have a good Sunday."

"Enjoy the day," Todd locked the front door. He picked up a few a few incense-holding potatoes on his way back to the kitchen for hash browns.

Fresh coffee perking, buttery potatoes cooking and eggs waiting to be fried up… and Todd felt right at home. So, he finally ran for a t-shirt.

Isabella walked out of the bathroom at the same time, "Who was at the door?"

"Danny thought it was weed. I told him about the séance. You have to call him. You look good wet," said Todd as he tucked in his new tee-shirt.

"I feel like a cheese omelet," commented Isabella.

"That I could do," answered Todd. "Isabella, I sort of realized that we didn't light our candles yet."

Isabella scoffed at the situation, "I don't want to believe what happened or take any of this too seriously. I didn't believe Mrs. Nolan either. It was just a ploy to ease her emotional woes."

"How could you not believer what we saw," Todd asked?

Isabella thought for a little and walked to the kitchen, "I studied pharmacy. It's a science. If there's no technical evidence for an explanation, chances are I'm not going to believe it."

"3-egg Onion 'n Cheddar Omelet with sandalwood flavored hash browns and coffee. Here's some oregano, salt and pepper. Buon Appetito," finished Todd.

"What are you studying in college," Isabella asked as they ate breakfast?

"I'm in my last year of Business Administration, but my parents think I should of done Computer Science. So I may have to continue on with a Master degree. But I like all this paranormal stuff. It's cool," a convinced Todd marveled. And as he enjoyed his first bite of omelet, "This rocks!"

"It does. Thank you," approved Isabella.


MONDAY AFTERNOON - Back To Work
Isabella returned to work from her weekend break very happy. She loved her job. She had nice coworkers and the people of Spring Hill were genuinely good folks. Isabella does not mind working second shift, (late afternoon to midnight).

 

She mingled online after work. Became use to sleeping late, waking up for a late lunch, and spending quality time with The Nolan’s watching All My Children. She couldn't really complain about her life. However, after spending time with Todd, the thought of a boyfriend seemed like a great idea.

Absorbed with the inventory of incoming pharmaceutical shipments, a customer started ringing the stainless steel counter bell. Isabella walked to the counter, "Hello, how may I help you today Mrs. Rios?"

"You know my name.... I've never filled a prescription here before," answered Mrs. Rios. And she continued, "Well, you know my name. Maybe, you rung me up for other personal care items."

Isabella replied, "That must be it. Let's get that order filled. It'll be ready in an hour."

"Don't you need my contact and insurance information," questioned Mrs. Rios?

For some reason, Isabella already knew it. She had an eye-opener, but didn't want to say anything that could get her deemed loony. So she thought the situation out before speaking, "I'm the Pharmacist. The assistant is on break right now. Working the counter isn't so simple."

"I could understand. You need to know all those medications. The drugstore should be worried for being so understaffed. Pretty pharmacist like you shouldn't be bothered, but I'm glad to know you," Mrs. Rios felt like she just met the President of the USA.

Just as Isabella was finishing up with Mrs. Rios, Mary came to visit. She just picked the children up from school. And they were all drenched in sweat from a sweltering Florida afternoon. Mary flashed a friendly smile and pretended she was waiting to pick up an order. Then she told her daughters, "Go pick Mommy up some toilet paper. Something on sale... and if there's more than one... get the cheaper brand."

Mrs. Rios commented, "That's sounds like something I need too. Maybe I could follow the two of you."

Mary couldn't wait to start running her mouth, "Oh my God... Isabella, I'm making changes in my life. I want to go for a full tarot card reading at Paige David's shop. Come with me tomorrow morning. Bright and early after I drop the girls to school. Please?"

"We may not have to make the trip. I may be able to read minds like a clairvoyant or something," speculated Isabella.

"You can't coax me," declared Mary.

"After you leave the pharmacy, you're taking the kids to the supermarket. The stuffed cabbage for dinner needs tomatoes. And you ran out of tomatoes. So you'll get enough to stock the pantry. A dozen or so of the canned tomatoes still won't be enough," Isabella reminded her.

Mary sputtered, "I'll pick you up at 8:30am. Be ready. Goodbye!"

"Take some lollies for the girls," insisted Isabella, and she went back to work.

Mondays and Tuesdays were usually slow. However, her shift seemed to move quickly. Isabella tuned into customers and knew things about them. Private things. Instinctively.

It started to become fun, but she blanked out of what she was doing a few times. This new ability really was like some sort of transistor radio. Maybe, it was just a short-term effect of the séance.


                            Happy Halloween!

Author Notes
RESOURCES
Wikipedia - Spring Hill, Florida http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_Hill,_Florida
New Age Directory - How to have a seance http://www.newagedirectory.com/sixth/seance.htm

WORD Count: 3,250

     

© Copyright 2024. sunnilicious All rights reserved.
sunnilicious has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement