FanStory.com - Gypsy Womanby Realist101
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Sometimes we must wait ...
Gypsy Woman by Realist101

Gypsy Woman danced alone, hips undulating slowly as she moved around a small fire, her only source of light penetrating the velvet night. Strange and untold music wafted from the tiny trailer she called home, mesmerizing the creatures of the night, soothing her soul, and memories all but forgotten, tugged gently, begging release.

Long, silky hair swung around her dusky face, her parted lips inviting, asking for something. Someone. THE one.

She at once smiled and cried inside, remembering then, longing again. Loving stronger than ever.

And as the voices of the swamp replaced the sounds from the old Victrola, Gypsy Woman retreated back inside the rusty trailer, hot tears washing her oval face.

Cringing inside, she glanced at the reflection that stared at her from the cracked and faded mirror hanging just inside the door. She gasped at the hag that stood before her. Motley gray hair replaced the once gleaming mane of black, the once ravishing face, unrecognizable. Time had robbed her, and she stood a stranger to herself.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall ... " She chanted the sing song beneath her breath. Over and over again, willing herself back, her mind strong against the ravages of age.

Wavering shadows seemed to move as a familiar shape formed behind Gypsy. Broad shoulders leaned toward her, the tall man's familiar hands caressed her weary shoulders gently, and she closed her eyes in ecstasy as her lover began to fade into the recesses of her mind. Beautiful once more, Gypsy Woman reached out her quivering hands as she followed him through space and time, leaving the swamp and its utter loneliness, to speak of things unknown .




Recognized

Author Notes
I was a gypsy in a past life...?? And in this one too. Thank you for reading! And to HOTSHOT for this nice art!

     

© Copyright 2024. Realist101 All rights reserved.
Realist101 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement