FanStory.com - Missing Youby Judith Ann
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
My thoughts this morning as I journaled my prayers
Missing You by Judith Ann
I Remember writing prompt entry
Artwork by VMarguarite at FanArtReview.com

Sunday, February 06, 2011 6:30 a.m.

I remember life as it was only a few short weeks ago.  One of the things I miss most of our former life is going to church every Sunday with my husband. I miss sitting in 'our place', by our friends. I miss watching my husband, Dave praise and worship God. I miss the feeling of our greatest connection - worship.

Someday we will worship together again and it will be even better because we will be standing in the Presence of our God and we will see the Presence. We will raise our hands in praise and worship (Zephaniah 3:16b) and we will look up and see the KING! How awesome and majestic and powerful and beautiful that day will be!

I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. (John 15:15-16 NIV)

Dave talks about death daily. He insists he has been dead for two weeks now. I wonder what goes on in the mind during an illness like this one. How does a man who was in "total charge" get to this point so quickly? I can only imagine how difficult this is for him; especially on those days when he is most lucid. I know he worries, for he often wakes up agitated because of something about work he has thought or dreamed. Work was such a huge and important chunk of his life - to suddenly be removed from a productive atmosphere like this must be devastating.

God, do you have a job for Dave in Heaven? Is there something specific he will be doing for You when he arrives? Surely he won't just sit idle, but be part of Your community. He is so friendly; perhaps you will assign him the job of shaking hands with newcomers, making them feel welcome. Or, maybe there is a room or two you need to have finished up. Don't forget to have his rod and reel nearby for he will certainly want to go fishing often.

He is a good gardener as well, Father. He can make a lawn look wonderful. And, did I mention how good he is with flower beds? But, the one thing he excels at is being a grandpa. I don't think there is anything he enjoyed more than being 'papa'. He will certainly adopt any little ones who need a grandfather for a while. Will you be sure to introduce him to his grandchild who is already with you? He/she will have such fun with him.

God, he is ready; I am ready to give him to You. Are You ready yet God? Thy will be done. Amen


Writing Prompt
Begin your non-fiction autobiographical story or poem with the words 'I remember...' Complete the sentence conveying a moment, an object, a feeling, etc. This does not have to be a profound memory, but should allow readers insight into your feelings, observations and/or thoughts. Use at least 100, but not more than 1,000 words. The count should be stated in your author notes.


Recognized

Author Notes
Once again, VMarguarite, your artwork is magnificent. Thanks for lending me In Sync for this piece which is 489 words.

I find journaling my prayers helps me to process my thoughts. Today, my journal entry seemed perfect for this contest. My husband is dying and I am already walking through a mountain of memories.

The reference to Zephaniah 3:16b refers to pulling your hands out of your pockets and raising them to the heavens. The reference to John 15 refers to my husbands relationship with Jesus - he is His friend.

     

© Copyright 2024. Judith Ann All rights reserved.
Judith Ann has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement