FanStory.com - Will You Be Mine, Forever?by Thesis
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A short romantic story
Will You Be Mine, Forever? by Thesis

Lightning forced us to break our embrace, lying on the blanket under a huge oak tree. The rain began as we looked toward the sky. The water hitting our faces like chilled stones, whipped through the air by the sudden gust of wind that caught us totally by surprise.

We left the blanket, wine and picnic basket, as we hastily ran from the woods. Linda stumbled and slightly turned her ankle on a rock, causing her to wince in pain. Running behind her, I scooped her up in my arms and carried her to the car.

"My hero," she said as I lovingly held her tightly. She seemed to forget about her pain and focused on the moment. With her arm around my neck and her other hand holding my chin, she nuzzled against my cheek, kissing me softly, whispering: "I love you so much."

Holding her close, smelling that fresh baby powder perfume she wore, and feeling the heat from her body as we were being pelted with small hail, felt wonderfully comfortable.

By the time we reached the car, we were thoroughly soaked. I helped her in the car and joined her, just as a loud clap of thunder signaled a renewed barrage of hail.

Sitting next to my beautiful, Linda, her hair, clothes and body drenched, but her spirit, smile, and eyes sparkling, I knew she was the one woman who truly made me happy.

I reached into my pocket, took out the little blue box from Tiffany's, and pulled out a two-carat diamond engagement ring.

"Linda, I love you. Will you be mine, forever?"

With tears in her eyes, she said: "Yes, forever."

Recognized

Author Notes
This is very brief, but inspired by the wonderful expression on the face of the woman in the picture.

     

© Copyright 2024. Thesis All rights reserved.
Thesis has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement