FanStory.com - He is the Reason for the Seasonby Teri7
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Contest entry
He is the Reason for the Season by Teri7
What is the Spirit of Christmas? writing prompt entry
Artwork by helvi2 at FanArtReview.com














To me the spirit of Christmas is so much more than gifts under a Christmas tree, even though I was brought up to believe in Santa Claus; later found it was about Jesus. Had it not been for that wonderful night in Bethlehem; when a precious babe wrapped in swaddling clothes was born of a virgin there would be no Christmas. If we truly search our hearts and souls we will feel what the reason of the season is. Jesus Christ is the reason. It is to celebrate His birthday.

Even our churches celebrate the birth of Jesus and it is a very precious time of the year to me. That is the real spirit of Christmas. God gave his only begotten son so that we could be saved. What an awesome present that is! God bless you all and have a very Merry Christmas!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Written by: Teresa A. Shortess

Copyright@2009



Writing Prompt
What is the Spirit of Christmas to you?

Recognized

Author Notes
Thank you for the beautiful artwork helvi2. Just so you know I do put up a Christmas tree and buy presents for my children and animals, but that is pretty much every day. In all reality Jesus Christ is the Reason for the Season!

     

© Copyright 2024. Teri7 All rights reserved.
Teri7 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement