General Fiction posted April 26, 2018 Chapters:  ...119 120 -121- 122... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a short story

A chapter in the book Worlds

Chameleon World 8

by Bill Schott


No one noticed she had arrived. Seeming to blend into the background, Inspector Leon moved along the back wall undetected.

Fay Fifofum spoke to the three others in the room, whom had formed a semicircle in front of her.

"The detective will be here soon. We need to get our story straight."

"I was eating dog poop just outside the back door," said Fred.

"Going back and forth between the kitchen window and back door kept me bussssy."

"While Frank did that," said Flynn, "I waited to discuss a peace treaty with the spider. He never showed."

"So we don't know what happened to the spider, and that's what we'll tell her."

After speaking, Fay turned to face the Inspector, emerging from the background.

"Oh!" said Fay, startled. "Hello, Inspector. My name is Fifofum - Fay Fifofum."

The detective smiled. " I am Leon - Camille Leon."

As the other flies realized the danger they were actually in, they flew off. Camille's tongue shot across the room and grabbed Fay. She was in the chameleon's mouth and headed down her throat to meet up with the missing spider. Later, Camille would find Fred, Frank, and Flynn, who will have likely forgotten this incident, and be wondering where Fay might be.

Flies. Sheesh!


 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.