Humor Poetry posted March 20, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Two girls took the train back wrongly.

Haibun ( Christmas market )

by robina1978


To Wilma.
Two girls , Wilma and her friend, went to a Christmas market in Germany. They took the train back the wrong way around. Because they had asked the conductor, Wilma pressed the emergency break immediately, and without any hesitation. So the train stopped. The conductor came back. Both of them demanded to be let out. He plainly refused: 'Do you want to jump in the water?' So they stayed until the next stop, where they could take a train back. But as it was late it did not get them home, but stopped just before the border in Germany. Wilma phoned her husband at the time, and asked him to come and get them.

Wilma is an impulsive girl
tends to make people
laugh many times




Japanese form, pioneered by the poet Basho, and comprising a section of prose followed by haiku. They are frequently travelogues - as in Basho's The Records of a Travel-Worn Satchel (1688). In the best examples, the prose and haiku should work together to create an organic whole.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A haibun is a type of poem that operates on a prosimetric structure. It combines the forms of prose and haiku to create an artistically-challenging puzzle. However, these poems can cover a broad range of topics and expressions, including anything from short stories to personal journals and scholarly essays.

Haibun poems originate in Japan, and were invented in the 17th century by famous poet Matsuo Basho. He thought to combine popular Chinese prose elements with Japanese haiku styles for an educational and creative outcome.

The rules for its construction are simple yet unique. Each haibun must have a title, followed by a prose-like paragraph. Afterward, a simple poetic haiku adds more descriptive and creative elements to the scene. While the two distinct elements of the haibun may seem vastly different at first, the reader will come to learn that they are in fact interwoven and forever connected. One paragraph and one poem can build a haibun poem.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. robina1978 All rights reserved.
robina1978 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.