Romance Fiction posted March 18, 2018 Chapters:  ...67 68 -69- 70... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Shana's first kiss????

A chapter in the book Perennials of War

Chapter Einundzwanzig part zwei

by barbara.wilkey




Background
Is Anderson a gallant knight? Can he recover Shana's family's stolen relics and heal the wounds of genocide?
ENDING OF PREVIOUS POST:

Shana studied her plate and blushed. "When I saw you in the next bed, I felt safe and went back to sleep."

"That's probably a piece of information you shouldn't share with your dad." Anderson grinned. "Or me for that matter." As her blush turned crimson, he added, "But I'm glad I could help." He scanned the room. "We won't be coming back here. We'll need to pack."

"I can't go back to the condo."

"We won't. After I work out the details, I'll fill you in."

"One of those, need to know things?"

Anderson laughed. "Yes, and right now you don't need to know." He shook his head. "Truthfully, if I had it all worked out, I'd tell you. There are a few details, I don't know yet."

After they finished eating and packing, Anderson opened the door and nodded to Marc. He checked his watch. "The limo will be here in about ten minutes. Ready?"

Shana glanced around the room. "Yes. Do you think Mary and Hannah got along?"

"I know Mary. I'm sure they did. I just hope the doctors in Boston have magic up their sleeves and can save Sarah."

Tears welled in Shana's eyes. "Drew, the death rate for children suffering from Tay-Sachs is one hundred percent. Sarah doesn't have a chance of making it past her sixth birthday, if that long."

Anderson put his arms around Shana and held her. "I'm sorry."


TODAY'S POST:

Chapter 21 part 2

As Shana and Anderson arrived on the correct hospital floor, Anderson scanned the waiting room. "I don't see Hannah, Paul, or Mary. I need to speak with Sarah's doctor. I'm sure they're close. I shouldn't be long." He saw Matt and went to him. "I'll be busy for a few minutes. Make sure Shana's..."

"Not a problem, Drew," interrupted Matt. "Shana's our top priority." He motioned his head toward the nurses' station and nodded.

A glance toward the giggling nurses answered one of Anderson's previous questions. He walked to the desk. "Good morning, ladies."

In unison they smiled and said, "Good morning, Mr. Sharp."

One with blonde hair and bright blue eyes asked, "How can I assist you?"

"I understand there's some confusion about my status. I felt it only fair to share with you that I'm in a committed relationship. I seriously doubt I'll ever be on the market again." Anderson paused for effect. "I hope our little chat cleared it up." As all the nurses' eyes widened, he grinned, walked toward Shana, and whispered, "Please, don't slap me." He kissed her on the lips. "This doesn't count as our first kiss." His cheek caressed hers as he whispered, "That will happen at a more appropriate time. I'll be back after I speak with the doctors."

Shana held her breath. Finally, as he left, she muttered, "What just happened?"

"I'd say Anderson kissed you." Hannah stood behind her.

"I know that, but why?"

Hannah glanced toward the nurses' station. "To put those busybodies in their place."

"But I didn't tell him anything about our conversation. Did you?"

"I haven't spoken with him. How could I? Maybe he figured it out on his own. He seems pretty smart."

"That he is." Shana smiled. "I see our table is free." She walked over to the table and sat. "How's everything with Mary?"

"She's wonderful." Hannah took the chair across from her. "She and Paul are with Sarah now. Earlier they went to the house and packed. I stayed with Sarah. Do you know why Anderson wanted to talk with the doctors?"

"He wants to make sure a nurse travels with Sarah."

"I guess as soon as everything's in place I'll be moving to Boston." Tears welled in Hannah's eyes.

"Hopefully the doctors can stabilize Sarah enough to let her come home." Shana patted her friend's hands.

"I hope so, too." Hannah smiled. "Here comes your knight in shining armor."

"Things are working out nicely." Anderson joined them at the table.

"You're pretty proud of yourself for finding an excuse to kiss me, aren't you?"

Anderson took her hand, brought it to his lips, and kissed it. "Can you honestly tell me you weren't even slightly happy to put those nosey nurses in their place?"

A nurse stepped from Intensive Care and motioned for Hannah. "Excuse me. I'm needed."

"Well?" Anderson grinned. "I'm waiting for your answer."

"Maybe just a little." Shana glanced toward them. "But what did you mean by the second part, our first kiss will happen later?"

"Wishful thinking on my part."

"I've already explained why it can't happen."

He clasped her hand tighter and brought it to his mouth. "I'm not buying it, and a guy's got to hope." He answered his ringing cell. "I need to take this."

When Anderson put away his cell phone, he announced, "All systems are go. Now we wait for Paul and Hannah."

Anderson provided a limousine to take Paul, Hannah, and Mary to the airport. Soon the nurse and Sarah left by helicopter. Anderson agreed the nurse would return after Sarah was safely settled at the Boston Children's Hospital. He also ensured Matt and his team would fly and remain with Hannah and Mary. A different team would remain with Paul once he returned.

Shana released a deep breath. "I guess there's nothing more to do here."

Taking Shana's hand in his, Anderson said, "Ready to tackle your dad?"

"Are you sure you're up to it?"

"Just a minute." Anderson answered his ringing cell. "Philip, is that the best he can do? What does it mean?" He listened, before he said, "Good bye." He tried to contain his anger as he relayed the conversation to Shana. "Gaines told Kuznetsov that you weren't interested in having the painting returned." Shana smiled, but he held up his hand. "Don't celebrate, yet. Remember Jeremy, Jane's second cousin who's a detective for the NYPD?" After she nodded, he continued, "He contacted Jeff. There's chatter that Kuznetsov put a hit out on you and me. It seems we've gotten too close to his business."

"I know nothing about his business." Tears welled in Shana's eyes.



Thank you Toby Keith!!!!





Characters so far:

Shana Kohlberg -- a 25 year old high school English literature teacher -- she's trying to get her family's painting back

Anderson Sharp -- often called Drew -- 31 years old -- works part-time on Wall Street -- a billionaire from Texas oil wells

Dmitry Bezrukov -- one of three Russian men in black suits

Jeff Burk -- takes care of Anderson's cars and important security details.

Helen -- Anderson's cook

Jane -- Anderson's housekeeper

Philip -- Anderson's butler -- close friend and confident

Kyle -- Anderson's dog walker

Axel -- Anderson's lead German shepherd

Thor -- Anderson's second German shepherd

Romeo -- Anderson's third German shepherd

Aaron Kohlberg -- Shana's older brother

Ivan Kuznetsov -- formally Ivan Morozov, I accidently chose a real person, so I have changed it present day owner of the painting.

Patricia -- Anderson's ex-wife

Emily -- Anderson's five year old daughter

Isaiah Glassberg -- Anderson divorce/custody attorney.

Jeremy -- Jane's second-cousin twice removed, NYC undercover cop.

Hannah Jacobs -- Shana's cousin, the same age and best friend. Married within the past year and just had a baby, Sarah. Her husband, Paul. Sarah was just diagnosed with Tay-Sachs disease.

Joshua Colton -- Art Museum's curator

Benjamin Kohlberg -- Shana's father

Eliana Kohlberg - - Shana's mother

Maxwell Gaines -- Lawyer hired to retrieve the painting

Erich Berger -- Manager of the Dorotheum art auction house in Austria

Mary Pritchard -- The lady Anderson hired to help Hannah while she's in Boston with Sarah.



Recognized


Thank you Google Images for an image of a couple kissing. As I wrote this post, Toby Keith's song 'Shouldn't Kiss me Like This' kept playing in my head. I don't know why. I added it. Again, thank you for all the support you give my writing.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.