General Fiction posted March 16, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A St. Paddy's Day surprise.

Happy St. Patrick's Day

by aryr


Pierre was in such a state. He was distraught. Angry even, at the thought that his own mother could do such a terrible thing to him.

He was teased as a child. Embarrassed as a young man and now this. Of all things this. It was devastating, it was horrible.

His father had died within days of his birth, so he didn't have the manly support the others had and could lay claim to. All his life, all of 26 years, he tried to depend on his uncle, his mother's brother, for words of wisdom. Yet there had been no wisdom, just teasing and embarrassment.

None of this was even his fault. His father was away on a business call at the time of his birth.

His mother had been left with just the support of a senile old maid during her labor. The poor old soul really didn't know any better and his mum was in such pain she really didn't care. Over the day in labor, she had consumed a good pint of whiskey. It dulled the pain, fuzzed her brain but did give her a happy attitude.

The fact that he was born without injury was totally amazing. Both the old lady and his mother were totally blitzed, drunk, intoxicated and didn't have a care in the world.

A young lad had heard the laughter and shouts of pain and had ran to the doctor, however when he got there, Pierre had been born. He was a fine babe, with clear lungs and a hefty weight of 8 pounds or 3.628 kilograms. He was crying loudly, still attached to the afterbirth, while the two ladies watched him and laughed.

The doctor cleaned him up and then took care of her. It was his responsibility to record the birth which included the parent's names, the date, the time and the weight. All of this he knew, now all he needed was the boy's name.

Now in his mum's defense, she had been deeply involved in a French romance novel and she was drunk. So, when asked for the boy's name she literally shouted Pierre. Pierre Connor, in fact. Usually sons had their father's name incorporated so thank the stars that his dad was Connor.

So, on March 17; 26 years to the day he was born. Yes indeed, St. Patrick's Day for the Irish. With shocking red hair, beautiful hazel eyes, Pierre Connor was born to Maggie and the late Connor MacDougal, a fine Irish couple. She was proud of her son and of the name she had chosen, and she never changed it, ever.

So today, Pierre had ironically been voted to be the MC in the parade. He expected to be laughed at but after all, he was a true blooded Irishman with a French man's name. Although now most knew him as Connor.

459 words




Just needed a moment of smiling and possible laughter from the world wide devastation that is happening. And since it is a story no one was harmed. I am proud of my wee bit of Irish.
Thanks to avmurray for 'Today we are all Irish'.
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY TO ALL!!!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.