Spiritual Non-Fiction posted February 19, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
fuzzy thinking is never good, ever

Precision In Spiritual Truth Is Key

by Deniz22


My Dad told me the story of a married couple he knew many years ago.

It seems they tried, but simply could not get along.

After a while, the wife moved out and settled not far away.

Yet she still visited her former home from time to time, and would cook, clean and even do her husband's laundry.




All of this strange relationship was summed up by the husband in this way, "She wasn't much of a wife, but she's a great neighbor!"

I'm very afraid as Christians we too are prone to settle for this type of warped relationship with Jesus our Lord. We want to plateau in our spiritual growth and settle for being a "good neighbor" who helps out from time to time as needed, but still has his own interests and abode.

The Lord loves us fiercely, and He Himself desires the deepest of relationships with us!

James 4:5 "Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, "The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously?"

As the Bride of Christ, we have been redeemed with His own precious blood, the only acceptable sacrifice for sin forever in the sight of the Altogether Holy One. We are called to pursue Him as He pursues us!

How shall we do this? By seeking God where He may always be found...in His Book...read carefully.

IMPRECISION in spiritual understanding is NOT the gift of God which allows us to ignore whole sections of His revelation to His children. The big sin of Christians, mother to all other sins, is not knowing the written Word of God.

So, we settle for spiritual syrup, like "Jesus Calling". Jesus Himself said on numerous occasions: "IT IS WRITTEN".

It sometimes seems many of us have Bible phobia; we are afraid to venture into the deeper things of God, lest we be troubled by what we see. Daniel was troubled, distraught even, but what he learned from God after all his distress, is invaluable to us in understanding prophecy.

And we have Christ Himself as a model of these things. As God, He wrote the Bible, and as Man, He learned from it to pass it on to us.

John 15:25: "No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for ALL things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you."

In this present time as believers, we have an even higher spiritual position as the Bride of Christ, infilled by the Spirit, and with even more Scriptural revelation than the Apostles were given in Christ's earthly lifetime.

Let us pursue Him in His own Book!


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.