Mystery and Crime Fiction posted February 18, 2018 Chapters:  ...10 11 -12- 13 


Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Three nights of staking out the bars pays off.

A chapter in the book Detective Monroe

Monroe follows Henry to a residence

by SLMorrical


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.



Background
A serial killer looks like the lead detective. The lead detective finds out he has a twin, but a twin sister. The killer calls the lead detective and taunts him.
Detective Monroe continues to have the bars staked out in hopes to catch Henry. Monroe and Detective Ricky Scan, continue to sit in the stakeout car night after night, and Detective Scan is getting really frustrated because Henry has not showed up. "Hey Eddie this stakeout is going no where. There hasn't been a sign of Henry anywhere. Of course that means there hasn't been any new murders by him."

"Ricky I know this stakeout seems to be going nowhere, but if it means we have to stakeout every bar every night to prevent another murder, then I am all for that."
Just as Eddie said this to Ricky, he saw Henry go into Casseys Bar. "There he is Ricky, go in ad follow him, I will stay in the car, ad watch the entrance in case he comes out."
Ricky got out of the care and went into Casseys Bar, Eddie was on edge knowing this would be the night they catch him.
Twenty minutes after Ricky went into the bar he was calling Monroe over the radio."Hey Eddie, he is leaving the bar." Eddie kept a very close eye on the front door of the bar and turned the car on. He was ready to follow Henry when he left the bar. A man at that moment walks out the door and down the street. It was Henry. Detective Monroe followed him but not to close. He didn't want to spook him. Henry apparently didn't notice Monroe in the car following him, or was he just trying to lead Monroe on a wild goose chase.

"I have him now," Eddie thought to himself. As Henry turns down the next street Monroe realizes he knows the street. It;s Shane Blvd, the same street he was on three days ago questioning his sister about her fingerprints being on the bracelet of a victim. Henry stops at View Apartments. Eddie stops the car and follows him into the Apartment Building always making sure Henry doesn't see him. He watches Henry go into an apartment. Eddie proceeds to the apartment to get the apartment number. Monroe knows he needs the apartment number in order to get a search warrant for it. As he moves towards the apartment, and gets the number, he just can't believe what he is seeing.
Eddie goes back to the car and drives to Casseys Bar and picks up Ricky.

"Eddie are you okay?" Ricky sees the confusion on Eddie's face.

"I'm okay Ricky I followed Henry to a residence and now we need to go see a judge for a search warrant.:

"Good going Eddie, we will finally get him off the streets, and close this case." Eddie didn't say anything else on the way to the station to find a judge that will give them a search warrant for Henry's place, if it is Henry's place.




I love all the feedback and want any feedback that can get. Please don't worry about being to critical, because it will help me in finishing this book.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. SLMorrical All rights reserved.
SLMorrical has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.