Romance Fiction posted February 9, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Dinner meeting

Wedding Preparation

by Henry King


"I'm sorry I'm late. Jason kept us in a meeting."

"This late meeting stuff is becoming a habit. Don't you communicate during working hours?"

"He wants no surprises during the Annual Board and Stockholder meeting. It'll be his first as President."

"I don't understand it. Your dad has the majority of the Board's vote. Hell, Jason is his protege."

"Don't be like that. You're raising your voice and beginning to attract attention."

"It seems these late meetings started after we announced our engagement."

"They happened because the Board of Directors ordered a change in the schedule."

"Don't forget, I was there when your dad announced his decision to retire. Jason could do no wrong. He walked on water as far as your dad was concerned."

"He brags about you also. He said you are worth ten of his top salesmen."

"I sure haven't heard that."

"He said the invitation to the White House dinner cost him $40,000. Most of that went for mom's clothes. The Company received over $4,000,000 in sales from the foreign industrialists he met.

In fact, you getting him invited was worth a hundred times more. The Company gives a bonus to salesmen who bring $500,000 in sales. Commissions start at ten times their salary of $40,000."

"It's a good thing I turned down the stock he wanted to give me. I found out the Inspector General audited my financial accounts and checked my annual disclosure statement."

"Yes, dad was surprised when you told him, "No." He said he would put it in our children's trust fund after they're born."

"I like working for the State Department, it beats the Departments of Defense and Homeland Security."

"But, the work you do is just as dangerous."

"The next two years will be full of fun assignments. Which reminds me, I need your passport until tomorrow evening. It will be cleared and stamped for the Rio Conference."

"Oh, about the trip to Rio, I can't go. We have an executive team building seminar that weekend in Aspen."

"I'll be damned. When were you going to spring that BS on me? When we were boarding the plane?"

"I'm sorry, but there is so much on both our plates."

"Oh, get off it. Two weeks ago you were coordinating our schedules faster than the First Lady's Event Planner."

"There is nothing I can say that will make it easier for you to understand. I have responsibilities also. What do you want us to do?"



Dialogue Only Writing Contest contest entry


A couple of very busy professionals. In love with each other, what will they decide?

In the text, the accents in the word prot�??�?�©g�??�?�© are not interpreted correctly.

Renate-Bertodi's title, "what will be will be-" to the painting attracted my attention first. Then I realized, that was the one.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Renate-Bertodi at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Henry King All rights reserved.
Henry King has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.