Fantasy Fiction posted February 7, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
beauty demands diamonds

Melvin and Princess

by mermaids


The two Persian cats slowly walk through "Diamonds are Our Duty". Melvin appeared to be a little bored. Princess observes the store with a look of distaste on her face.

"I deserve better than this! These diamonds all appear to be from a gumball machine. None of them will accent my exquisite face."

Melvin yawned. His fang-like upper teeth glistened. He licked his paw and then faced Princess.

"This is the third diamond store we have been in this morning. I told you, emeralds are much more appropriate for you. They bring attention to your green eyes. You will be dazzling! Diamonds do not do you justice."

Princess rubs against the male feline. "Am I worth diamonds or emeralds?"

Melvin returns a rub. "You are worth both, but I am hungry and desire some fish, then some after dinner catnip. Can we shop tomorrow after my grooming session with Mildred?"

Princess stops suddenly. She sees a cabinet door open and a sparkling necklace on display. It contains both diamonds and emeralds. She meows softly.

Melvin stretches his upper body like a Halloween cat. He saunters over to the necklace, removes it with his nose and places it around Princess' neck. She sits for a few seconds admiring herself.
Her eyes sparkle like the necklace and her tail goes up. "I feel so beautiful, even though it is impossible to make me more beautiful."

Melvin sighs and leads his companion out of the store. At home, he places the necklace on his human's credit card online. He joins Princess in a dinner of trout and spring water.




I have been owned by four Persian cats and they seem to see themselves differently from the rest of the feline world.

Club entry for the "Animal Crackers" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. mermaids All rights reserved.
mermaids has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.