Sports Non-Fiction posted January 28, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Educated people can be very rude.

A True Nascar Story

by Brigitte Elko


As a follower and avid NASCAR fan, there is a story that needs to be shared. The Daytonna 500 is right around the corner, on February 28th and I am on the edge of my seat with anticipation. My favorite driver is retired and this makes me sad. He was one of the best, both as a racer and a family man with high standards and morals, even on the track. He was a Cup Champion whose legacy has been archived. The driver, extra ordinaire, Bobby Labonte symbolized by his famous #18. I miss him on the track!

The #18 is not retired and is now driven by Kyle Bush, who is already legendary in the sport. He has now become the Nascar star I root for loudly at the races or when watching races on TV.

Nascar drivers and fans are sometimes jeered and called Rednecks. Well, hello, call me a Redneck; I wear the title with pride.

Here's the story that may be funny to some, but, to me, NOT.

Some years ago, I won't announce the name but it was a presidential election year and one of the candidates had a daughter. Being a socialite with a famous background, she had many opportunities to meet and greet famous Nascar drivers. After a race she was invited to an after race party in the on site trailer of one of the most eligible, popular, and richest drivers on the circuit. This is the kind of luck, I would give my eye teeth for.
The driver, a fan favorite for years, was smitten by this beauty and asked her out on a date the following weekend. He offered to have her picked up in his private plane and then be taken to Talladega for the race and then a late dinner.

She looked him straight in the eye and said, "I don't think so. Goodbye, I have to hurry home and shower to get the Redneck off me".

He was gracious and bid her goodbye.
So, I ask you, "Who had good manners? The educated socialite or the Redneck Nascar driver?"



Recognized


When people think they are better than others, their ignorance is shown by what they say and to whom they say it.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brigitte Elko All rights reserved.
Brigitte Elko has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.