Fantasy Fiction posted January 24, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
whaaaat?

Giddles Robinson

by mermaids


This is your feline reporter, Ms. Meow and I am here at the Robinson household to interview Mr. Hairy Gideon "Giddles" Nigel Fluffybutt Robinson, most commonly known as Giddles. Mr. Giddles has brought back the return of the "Family Fool" which was an individual who lived with upper class families in the olden days. The "Family Fool" entertained guests who stayed with wealthy families.

Ms. Meow: Mr. Giddles...

Giddles: Call me Gid

Ms. Meow: Gid, you have quite a few names.

Giddles does not respond, he is staring at a wall.

Ms. Meow: Gid, why so many names?

Giddles: I dunno. Ask my people. They are always calling me different names.

Ms. Meow( she clears her throat): Let's discuss the concept of the family fool. How did you come to be known as the family fool?

Giddles continues to stare at the wall.

Ms. Meow: Mr. GIDDLES!

Giddles turns around several times in a circle. He then returns to staring at the wall.

After several minutes, Giddles begins to speak. "I am so brilliant and my household does not acknowledge this. The other cats think I am dumb and that weenie dog is always smelling my butt.

Ms. Meow's eyes grow wide. "Tell us of your brilliance. Do you have advanced degrees?

Giddles continues to stare at the wall.

After several more minutes he does a quick dance with his front paws, turns around again, returns to staring at the wall.

"I should be respected, just because I meditate in front of walls and admire my beauty in the mirror, does not make me a dunce. I am always being laughed at, especially when I admire the gorgeous lion in the mirror."

Ms. Meow: It sounds like you entertain your humans. They always are laughing, that is why you are referred to as the "family Fool".

"I am a brilliant, beautiful creature who should be admired. Where is that mirror?"

Ms. Meow is exhausted and call for a wrap to the interview. She watches Giddles shake his fluffy butt and approach the mirror, where his eyes expand as he views his fluffy self.



Recognized


We referred to Giddles as the family fool. He was always staring at the wall or at himself in the mirror.

Club entry for the "Animals Crackers" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. mermaids All rights reserved.
mermaids has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.