Humor Poetry posted January 12, 2018 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Washer and Wrist Preservation.

A chapter in the book Geoff's Book Of Poultry

Tap Dancing

by Sankey

To Cleaners and Visitors

About my taps.

Re Vanity and shower

Here is the wrap

If you're turning off either

take notice mayhap


The shower taps, turn off

As tight as you like

For the taps on the vanity

Gentle is right.


The vanity washers are special and soft

Only turn off the taps

Till water goes Off.

Don't over-twist

It'll as well save your wrist.

 



Recognized


We get all sorts of people in our house. All kinds of taps or faucets in my bathroom as well. Due to my wife's need for carers to help get her in and out of bed we also have a cleaning service from the same source as the carers. I originally had just an ordinary note in my bathroom to advise, as the poem says, how the different taps should be treated. One of our carers liked my poetic bent, so here is an update for the sign. For many years I have had special washers in the vanity taps that need no effort to turn off. Fact is if you "strangle" the vanity (hand basin) taps you render the washers useless over time. My father in law is the worst offender for the strangling of same seeing he has a house full of dripping taps at his place.

Did you hear about the Irish Tap Dancer? He broke his leg when he fell into the sink! The "Tap" in Aussie land is known as the "faucet" in Uncle Sam land.Thanks to Photopeb for "Drip"
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.