Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted January 12, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Sickening

Racist By Proxy

by Mike Stevens

A racist, that's who you think will lead us to greatness. Oh, you can tell yourself you're not, and probably that's true, but there IS no doubt that he is, and by turning a blind eye to that fact, you're a racist by proxy. By supporting this racist in the White House, who's supposed to represent all of us, not just people from white Europe, you need to step up and denounce his destructive brand of politics. You need to ask yourself honestly, 'why do I support this man, after all disgusting remarks about a wide range of topics, none of them white? Never mind the fact that I dislike him, if you can brush off his comment yesterday about Haitians living in 'shit holes,' or his older tweet that 'Africans all have Aids', or made fun of a handicapped man, then there's truly something missing in your soul, and I totally feel sorry for you. This isn't a Republican issue or a Democrat issue, this is a basic human issue, and you, my friend, are failing.

When President Obama was elected, it laid bare an ugly truth, one that I thought was receding into our sad history. Instead, it has become a tidal wave of reality. Racism is alive and thriving in this country, and our President, I'm ashamed to say, screams it through a megaphone. At first, he claimed he was a healer, not a divider, but now, he no longer even tries to hide it. The sad truth is out there, it's just that some of you choose not to see it, or, God forbid, actually applaud him for it.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike Stevens All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Mike Stevens has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.