General Fiction posted January 10, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
This story is my attempt at a sci-fi, dialog only tale..

Star People

by GollyGreen32

"Say that again. You're a star man?"

"Yes. I came from the stars."

"Have you been eating funny mushrooms or something?"

"Let me explain. You've seen the Ivanpah Solar Plant?"

"Uh. Ye...ah."

"During the last stellar flare on Ceti, it ejected clouds of electrons, ions, and atoms into space. The sun's rays caught these...particles. When the mirrors at Ivanpah gathered the sunlight, I condensed onto the mirror's surface. I must tell you. It's scary sitting naked on a mirror seven feet in the air. Even for an star man."

"Are...are there more of you?"

"Yes. About five thousand more. Some have been here on Earth from the beginning, and more will come."

"The beginning?"

"Since the power plant began operation three years ago."

"I'm always amazed that you look so normal."

"I'm normal for the most part. Wait. What? What did you just say?"

"I knew you were a star man since almost the beginning. Why you have night vision like a cat. Why your skin is always so cool, even after we've made love."

"Why did you let me go on like a fool?"

"I needed to learn how you guys were getting here."

"What else aren't you telling me?"

"I work for the Aliens Already Here, a top secret branch of SETI. We were trying to learn where all the sun-like auras were coming from, and we tracked them to the solar electric plant."

"It's AAH. That's cute. Who thought of that one? Hello?"

"We set up our equipment at the solar plant and recorded when you guys formed."

"We get those auras because we've floated in the sun's rays before we reached Earth."

"Don't be afraid. I'm upset, but I won't hurt you. It's not in the star people's DNA to hurt humans, although we can feel anger much more. We can only destroy non-carbon based things."

"We don't plan to do anything to you guys since you're non-violent. As a matter of fact, it's a consensus among some of my co-workers that Earth could use people that don't use violence against one another."

"I'm curious."

"About?"

"Star people. Can both men and women have children?"

"No. Just women."

"Can two-star people have children?"

"No. Not anymore."

"So, you need another species...like humans, to reproduce."

"Yes."

"I'll answer any questions you have about me. Just please don't lie to me anymore, and I will never lie to you again either."

"I won't lie to you."

"I never fell in love so fast."

"I love you, too. That's why I wanted to tell you the truth."

"Well, now that we both outed ourselves, can we enjoy our camping trip?"

"I like to hear you laugh."





Dialogue Only Writing Contest contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. GollyGreen32 All rights reserved.
GollyGreen32 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.