Mystery and Crime Fiction posted January 6, 2018 Chapters:  ...8 9 -10- 11... 


Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The killer calls Detective Monroe

A chapter in the book Detective Monroe

The Murderer taunts Monroe

by SLMorrical


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for language.
The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.



Background
A serial killer looks just like the lead Detective. The Detective has new information that he has a twin sister, and her fingerprints were found on a bracelet of a victim. A Stakeout was a bust.
He had no idea what was in store for him. He approached her just like the others. She was sipping her drink with sad eyes. She needs me he believed with certainty. She needs to be free, and it is my job to set her free. He held onto the back of a chair, "could not help but notice you look so sad, and you're too pretty to be sad." He tried to sound as sincere as possible as he said, "Tell me why you are sad?"

Officer Teresa Mims looked up at him and could not believe what she was seeing. It was Monroe, no it was the killer who looked like Monroe. She was finding it very hard to stay in character. She was worried she would fuckup catching this guy. She took a deep breath before she answered him. "My boyfriend just left me for someone else. We were supposed to be married next month, but he ran away with the wedding planner."

He looks at her and chuckles, "Seriously? Sorry to hear that, let me buy you a drink. You look like you could use one."

"Sure that would be nice." Her bought her a drink, and decided she was not the one for tonight. He left the bar.

Monroe was in his car outside and saw him leave. Eddie could not believe his eyes; it was like looking into a mirror. Eddie decided to follow him.

As the killer walks down the street he is looking for something or someone.

Eddie thought "this guy is very strange, I can't arrest him, so I will follow him and see where he is going?" Monroe tried to follow him and not be seen. Eddie was worried if this guy sees him and freaks, he may try to kill Eddie, and take his place. "Come on Monroe you are starting to become paranoid," Eddie said out loud. Eddie follows him into the alley, and the killer turns and stares at Monroe.

Everyone is watching as Monroe walks into the squad room. Officer Mims stands up and address Monroe. "Detective Monroe, I am sorry I could not keep the killer with me. He looked just like you and it was creepy. I guess he realized it was a trap."

"I understand, but you are off stakeout duty. I saw him leave the bar and followed him, but I lost him in the alley." Eddie tried not to sound angry. "This guy is very clever. Since he looks like me, we need to be extra careful. I want this guy caught no matter what it takes. If I have to put myself behind bars to ensure the officers who come in contact with him knows it is not me."

"Detective Monroe, there is a call for you," an officer stated as he poked his head in the squad room.

"Okay, I will take it in here." He picks up the phone. "This is Monroe, what can I do for you."

"Detective Monroe, this is Henry, apparently you and I look alike." Monroe's face froze in shock. "Well Detective, do I have your attention? I had no idea someone looked just like me until I went to see the girl in the hospital. Come to find out by one of your own last night, it is the man in charge of finding me. How interesting is that!"

"Henry, is that what you said?"

"Yes, it is Henry, and you are Detective Eddie Monroe."

Eddie just can't believe who is calling. "Why are you calling me, Henry?" The other officers were trying to listen. Monroe motioned to trace the call, as he tries to keep the guy talking.

"Well Detective, I am calling you to let you know I am on to you. You can't stop my mission. You can't stop what is meant to be. I am here to save these women. The fact that you and I look alike makes it even more a divine intervention."

"It isn't a divine intervention to kill people. The reason you look like me is something of a coincidence that is all." Monroe was still trying to figure out why Henry did look like him, and how to find him before he kills another woman.

"Monroe, you will not find what you are seeking, it is I who has the answers, and you won't be able to stop the cosmic need of my work." Henry hung up.

"Did we get the trace?" Eddie yells out.

"No we didn't, There wasn't enough time. Sorry Sir.' The officer's voice had frustration in the answer.

Eddie decided at that time to follow the lead of the fingerprints and talk to Sally Chapman. The address on Sally Chapman's arrest record was 336 Shane Blvd Apartment 203. He and another officer headed to her apartment.






I appreciate all and any feedback. This has been a process and FanStory members have helped me so much with this process. I am so glad I joined.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. SLMorrical All rights reserved.
SLMorrical has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.