General Script posted December 26, 2017 Chapters:  ...223 224 -225- 226... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a final scene

A chapter in the book Worlds

Aardvark World 10

by Bill Schott



In scene 4 it was revealed that Captain Lion is actually a human, Lieutenant Mink is really a walrus, and Lieutenant Aardvark is actually a Plutonion.   Professor Gorilla, Ensign Bear, Ensign Walrus, and Lieutenant Aardvark had been about to gear up for their departure to Planet 9 via a shuttle, although now there were growing conflicts. 


SmithWhat do you mean you are a Plutonian?  You came aboard this vessel with the rest of us back on Europa.

With that said, Aardvark placed his hands on his snout and twisted it clockwise.  With a click, followed by a spray of escaping gas, he removed his entire headpiece, revealing what looked like a penguin within an aardvark exterior.

Bear
Woot naw iz des?  Oddfark iz bord? 

Smith: He looks like a penguin.

PlutonianChee chee chep chep chutta chutta --

Gorilla: What are you saying? You are totally incomprehendable.

The Plutonian removed the tongue from the aardvark helmet and placed it back on his head.

Mink
I'll take that -- if you don't need it.

Plutonian: Certainly, my dear. 

Gorilla: We can understand you now. How did you get aboard and replace Lieutenant Aardvark?

Plutonian: I replaced him on the surface, just recently.

Bear: Iz no twrue. Oddfark woz wit meh ot aw tems.

Plutonian: Actually, I replaced him almost immediately upon your landing. The time shift made it possible for my doing this over the stay of your reconnisence while only a few seconds registered in your mind.

Gorilla: Time shift?

Plutonian:  Yes.  Now that you are in the  gravitational pull of the planet, you will be subject to the time-slip phenomenon. Almost immediately -- (skizzle)...


With a quick flash the crew and ship are swept ahead in time.

Plutonian:  ... and this has been true for a million years.

Gorilla: Will this affect our landing again?

Plutonian:  There will be no shuttle -- (skizzle) -- and your DNA will be altered.

Gorilla: So, as we enter this -- (skizzle) ---

Plutonian:  -- human DNA components will be stripped out -- (skizzle) --prepare to leap to the surface.

Bear:  Eh woll bay gooink ass woll.

Plutonian: Your entire crew will have to go, though many --- (skizzle)


On the surface, the crew reverted to their DNA types minus any human attributes.  Their ship burned up in the outer atmoshere, and all memory of their previous lives fell away with the new reality of which they were now a part.



 



Recognized


Images from the Guardian.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.