Mystery and Crime Fiction posted December 14, 2017 Chapters: 1 -2- 3... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The killing spree continues.

A chapter in the book Bittersweet Revenge

The Children Will Hurt No More

by Mistydawn


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

Chapter 1 Summary
Wanting revenge for all the pain and suffering she endured as a child, she breaks into Max Webb's home and stabs him over and over again.
Max manages to struggle to his cellar, on the brink of death.


Bonnie Webb sees several police cars parked in her driveway when she pulls up to the house. Something did happen to Max. Jumping out of her van, she runs to the sergeant.

"What's going on, Joe, where's Max, is he alright?" she blurts out anxiously glancing around. She sees the gate and then the trail of blood. "Oh my god, something did happen."

"Don't worry, Mrs. Webb, the dogs will find him soon."

She turns towards Joe, a look of horror on her face. "Dogs, why are you using them for?"

"They can find him a lot quicker."

"That is his blood over there isn't it?" She points to the trail.

Joe looks away. "We're not sure." He knew it was but thought it was best that he kept it to himself for now. 

"What are you not telling me, Joe, what?" she questions, staring him in the eyes.

Joe looks away again. "Nothing, Mrs. Webb."

Bonnie grabs his arms the way she used to when he was little. "Don't you dare lie to me, Joseph Michael Bower."

"Don't worry, we'll find him soon."

He starts to walk away, Bonnie grabs his arm to stop him. "Have you checked the cellar?”

"Your cellar?"

"We have emergency equipment down there."

Joe reaches for his radio. "Hey Jerry, Mrs. Webb says we need to check their cellar."

"I'm on my way, boss."

"I have to find him, Joe, I just have to, " Bonnie exclaims, shoving Joe aside.

Wary of Max's condition, he steps in front of her. "No, wait here, I'll go."

Joe turns to leave when Jerry's voice echoes across his radio. "Max is in their cellar. He's unconscious but breathing, I'm calling an ambulance now."

"He needs me, Joe," Bonnie cries, dashing across the yard.

***

Bonnie and Max's oldest daughter, Rachel is anxiously sitting in the hospital lobby, waiting for some news on Max's condition.

Rachel moved into Max and Bonnie's home soon after her real mom passed. Bonnie tried to get close to her, make her feel like she's part of their family, but the young girl sabotaged her every attempt. Bonnie understood why, after all, she had to endure. She still hopes they'll be close someday.

"Webbs?" the doctor asks. Springing to their feet, the women run towards him.

"He's one lucky guy," he begins.

Bonnie breathes a huge sigh of relief as the doctor continues.

"He sustained several wounds, but they weren't deep enough to cause any internal injuries."

"So, he can go home?" Bonnie questions, hopefully.

"We'd like to keep him a few days for observation."

"Can we see him?"

"Of course, but I must warn you, he's still groggy from the medicine."

"Come on, honey," Bonnie tugs on Rachel's arm.

"No, you go, I'll see him later." Seeing a puzzled look on Bonnie's face, she continues. "You two need to be together."

"Are you sure, honey?"

"Positive, go."

"This way, Mrs. Webb." A nurse leads her down the hall.

Rachel is walking towards the exit when she bumps into the sergeant.

"Afternoon."

"Good afternoon, Sergeant."

“I want to talk to your father, see if he remembers anything," Joe quickly explains.

"I doubt if he can help you right now, the doctors have him heavily sedated."

"It's important I talk to him soon, while it's still fresh in his mind. I've already spoken to your mom at the scene."

"Stepmom," she corrects.

"Right." Pulling the notebook from his pocket he begins. "She said she took your sisters to a ballet last night?" 

"That's right, it was a reward for doing well in their dance class."

"Why didn't your father go?"

"Dad wanted to but something came up at work."

"Oh, I see. Do your parents have any marital issues?"

"Are you kidding, someone would think they're newlyweds, the way those two carry on."

"Have you ever seen them argue?"

"I've seen them disagree over something silly, but they always compromise in the end."

"Like what?" Joe glances up from his notes.

"Where they should eat, what movie to watch. Small, trivial things like that."

"How are your parent's finances?"

"They're doing very well."

"I noticed your stepmom took a part-time job recently."

"It's not because they need the money. Bonnie says she wants to get out of the house, do something while the girls are in school."

"How's your money situation?"

"Mine is alright, I guess. I work full time at the hospital. It's enough to pay bills with a little left over each month. If I really need money, all I have to do is ask dad."

"Would your stepmom stop him?"

"Bonnie no, she'd insist he give me more. She calls the extra mad money. She says every girl needs a little mad money set aside, for a rainy day."

"Can you think of anyone who would want to hurt your father?"

"No, everyone loves dad."

"Has he mentioned any threats, or said anything about hang up calls?"

"No." She fidgets with her clothes.

"If I have any more questions, I'll let you know."

Rachel rushes past him.

Is she acting suspicious or is it just me? "There is one more thing."

Stopping in the middle of the hall, she nervously turns around.

"Where were you between midnight and two this morning?"

"At home, in bed." Rachel tenses up.

 "Can anyone verify that?"

"My neighbors can."

"You were alone I take it?"

"Yes, why are you asking me all of these questions?" 

"They're just routine, nothing to worry about."

"Can I go now, I have a lot to do."

"Go."

Rachel races down the hall.

I need to check her alibi. Joe concludes, walking the other way.

***
Bonnie is tearfully holding Max's hand when Joe steps through the door.

"How is he doing, Mrs. Webb?"

"He's sleeping right now. He tried to talk to me when I first came in, but he's so weak he couldn't say more than a few words."

"I imagine it'll take some time to fully recuperate."

"Did you find anything, Joe?"

"Not yet, but we're still looking. I hate to do this to you now, but I have a few more questions I need to ask you."

"I know you're just doing your job."

"You took Jessica and Samantha to a ballet last night, right?"

"Yes, we left after school and didn't come back until this morning."

"Can you confirm your trip?"

"I have a motel and gas receipt." Grabbing her purse, she starts to dig through it.

"Why did you stay in Fayetteville, instead of going home?"

"That was Max's idea. He didn't want me driving those curvy roads at night, so he booked us a room."

"When did you last talk to him?"

"His daughter, Jessica, called as soon as we got to our room, so I'd say it was around eleven thirty. Here are the receipts." She hands him two small slips of paper.

Glancing at them, he continues, "Did you talk to him?"

"For a few minutes, I told him I'd call back after I got the girls to bed. When he didn't answer, I just assumed he fell asleep waiting."

"Did he act strange, maybe say something abnormal?"

"No, he was his old chipper self."

"Did he mention anyone who's mad at him? Maybe someone threatening to hurt him? Someone he prosecuted recently?"

"No."

"Can you think of any enemies, maybe an old girlfriend, ex-wife?"

"I'm the only girlfriend and wife he's ever had." Noticing his inquisitive look, she elaborates. "Max was extremely shy in school."

"Didn't Jennie have his child?" Joe questions, watching her body language closely.

"Their relationship was nothing more than a one-night stand. He bumped into her at a party, one thing led to another and well, you know...They both regretted it the next day, never saw each other again. That's why Max was shocked when social services told him he had a daughter."

"Did he tell you this?"

"Him and his buddies. I believe them too." A disturbing thought comes to mind. "You don't think one of Jennie's old boyfriends tried to kill him, do you?"

"I don't know."

"The police need to be ready for one hell of a killing spree if it was."

"Why do you say that?"

"She changed boyfriends more than most people change ...."

Rachel rushes into the room. "I'm going to pick the girls up from school. Do you want me to bring them here?"

"I don't believe that'd be a good idea, not in his condition."

"You're probably right." Rachael agrees, looking solemnly at her dad. "What do you want me to tell the girls?"

"Tell them I had an errand to run and that I'll be home soon." 

"You can't go back to your house, Mrs. Webb, it's still a crime scene."

"We don't have anywhere else to go." 

"You can stay at my apartment. It'll be crowded, but we'll make do." Rachel offers.

"Are you sure?"

"It's the least I can do after all you've done for me." 

"I guess it's settled then."

"See you soon," she says,  hugging her stepmom she walks out the door.

I guess my instinct was wrong, Joe concludes, watching their display of affection.

"I stopped when I did because Rachel gets upset every time we bring up Jennie's name. I'll say one thing about that woman, she put those poor girls through hell."

"Rachel has a sister?"

"No, her cousin, Emma. See, Jennie was supposed to watch Emma for a few minutes, but her mom never returned. So, Jennie was stuck caring for both girls." Rolling her eyes, she continues, " If you can call it that. Some of the horror stories Rachel's told us, I'm surprised they're not in a mental ward."

"Where is Emma now?"

"Last we heard, she's staying with her great aunt and uncle, but that's been years ago."

"Didn't Rachel stay in touch?"

"She did at first, but then Emma stopped writing, Rachel's letters were returned soon after."

"What's Emma's last name?"

"Stone, Emma Stone. I don't have her old address, but Rachel might."

"I'll be sure to look into that."

***

She's standing on the roadside pretending to be looking at her car engine. Hearing a vehicle coming towards her, she adjusts her clothes to show more of her well-toned body. Old horny ass will stop for sure, now, she smiles glancing down the road.

"Need some help," Frank asks as he approaches her.

"I don't know what's wrong," she replies.

"Maybe I can figure it out." Bending down, he quickly scans the engine.

"This is what's causing your trouble." He reaches under the hood.

In one rapid movement, she slams a crowbar against the back of his skull. His head pings against the engine, then bounces backward, sending him tumbling to the ground. Standing over him, with her knife above her head she yells. "This is to make sure you never hurt anyone again." She thrusts her knife deep into his chest. Pulling it out, she stabs him again. Childhood memories start flooding back, causing rage to build inside her. His wounds became deeper and deeper as fury surges through every cell in her body. His warm blood splattered against her hot flesh, giving her erotic gratification. A climax far beyond what she's ever felt in her life. Looking towards the sky, she yells, "This one is for you, mama." She stabs his body again.





 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mistydawn All rights reserved.
Mistydawn has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.