Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted December 4, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A short story, how we communicate with them.

Furry we are. A puppy and a kitten.

by robina1978

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.
A kitten and a puppy we've always had.
Both of them are furry as you touch them.

Robert and I both talk to them. He talks more to cats, and I to dogs.
We praise them when they are good, curse and /of slap them for bad behaviour. Of cause it's just a soft slap, which our present dog (Smokey) forgives us immediately. He gives us kisses in return.

I seem to remember our last two cats were Siamese. When kids came to out house the male one got covered and dressed in coats or cloths They could do anything with him. He was as sweet as a dog. They lived till a fair old age, died of kidney failure.

Smokey has been trained about three times with not a great result. He also did agility a while ago.

I think we give him a too high position, he sleeps with us on our bed. He gets out of the door before we do, wrong again. He only comes back for a sweet, preferably nice ones.

I bought him two expensive winter coats. He does not like them, puts them off in no-time. I thought he was cold, maybe he was not. Possibly he only misses Robert who is in hospital at the moment. I miss hubby too.

Yesterday evening and the day before he kind of scared the hell out of me. One of our neighbours, not known to me died. First they kept him in a front room of a bungalow. I had to go next door, but Smokey was totally focused on this house with a corpse in it. Yesterday evening a hearse was in front of our door. I just managed to avoid it. But after I came back, by looking out of the window, I saw six grandchildren carry the coffin. But we were safe inside. Mind you, I don't like all these people dying at the moment. But an acquaintance told me it is the time of the year.

I said to Smokey: 'you could train to be a snuffer dog'. He does not talk back, but did not seem to be interested.
Me: 'You would be saving lives.'
He reacted, like he only wanted Robert back, and keep me too.

I said: 'OK, little Smokey, we will do what you want.'

He also likes being dressed up, as you will see on our Christmas Card. That will be posted soon with my Christmas Story. I tried to put it in here for all of you, but don't know how.

The biggest problem is, I wanted to tell you about my first and only Border Collie litter. I found this photo on Pinterest, tried to pinch it. I am almost 100 percent sure it must be my litter and photo. Every time I try to upload it, the Pinterest site blocks it.
One of Robert's sons is possibly capable of helping out, but not on a week day.
So then it will have to be in a next story. It is so sad that you sell your litter and you can't get one of your own photos back.

Smokey and I just arrived back. He did a wee-wee and a pooh.

So we are nearly done for the day, I just have to wait for a nurse to help me out with my tablets and my prescriptions. I just can't do it, too overworked. I still work day and night ore or less. I don't sleep very well either. Smokey sleeps better than me.

After she has been, I have to phone Robert. He'll help me cook my meal. I am in a year-long cook refusal plan. This started after he was immobile for three months. He criticised the way I cooked. This was unacceptable to me. I gave him a cookie of his own baking. When I took a second dog, he refused to come for walks. He stuck to this for years. I suffer my decision now.
Our magnetron is not easy to work.

Smokey and I were scared shit, when Robert phoned and I could not phone him back. It turned out his PET-scan was later than expected. He phoned back later. I think the nurse I spoke to told him how worried I was.





Many thanks to Angee2067 for the lovely photo.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. robina1978 All rights reserved.
robina1978 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.