General Poetry posted November 16, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
An announcement

Gallimaufry

by tfawcus

A Galli-what? A galley more free?
A piquancy of spiced-up verse,
penned in many forms... pot pourri!
Some eighty poems, quite diverse,
I trust they are your cup of tea!
As mixtures go, it could be worse.



Recognized


For those of you who have been enquiring, Gallimaufry by Antony Fawcus was released on Amazon today and is available both in Kindle format and in paperback (ISBN 9781760414504).
For Australian residents, paperback copies are available direct from the Ginninderra Press website, (bitsy.in/82229B)

A gallimaufry is a medley of things, originally a culinary term for a stew. One could equally call it a hash, a potpourri or even a hotchpotch. Whichever term you choose, I hope you enjoy this particular recipe, finding it to your taste and easily digestible. It is spiced with ingredients drawn from several countries, moods and styles. The cover picture, which is a composite portrait of the author and his wife, by his daughter, Anna, is from a photographic exhibition called Mixed Emotions, described in The Sydney Daily Telegraph as "an act of metaphorical self-creation". That could be said of some of these poems, too.

Image: Book cover, including photograph copyright Anna Fawcus 2015
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. tfawcus All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
tfawcus has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.