Mystery and Crime Fiction posted November 13, 2017 Chapters: 1 2 -3- 4... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Another murder, but still a question of a viable suspect

A chapter in the book Detective Monroe

No closer to suspect

by SLMorrical


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for language.
The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.



Background
There's a serial killer in Melview, and the lead Detective maybe the killer, because people are seeing him in places he doesn't remember being at including taking the main witness out of the hospital


"Detective Monroe, we have another one," the officer at the desk yelled into Eddie's office.
Eddie got into his car and drove to the scene. While in his car he kept going over and over in his mind the things people were saying about places they saw him and he doesn't remember being there. The detective pulled up to the crime scene. "So what do we have, and is it the same M.O.?"

"Same M.O., as you can see, the woman's throat was cut from the left ear to just under the right cheek, and the left ring finger has been severed and stuffed in the victim's mouth. I am sure that after the autopsy it well be found that the woman was sexually assaulted as well as murdered," Carl James said firmly.

"Is there anything different you can tell me Carl", Detective Monroe was hopping for more help with the case.

"Monroe, I would say that this victim has been dead twenty-four hours."

"Are you estimating Carl or are you sure?"

"By the body's rigor, I am pretty sure." Carl's voice was stern. "I will have a better time of death when I do the autopsy."

"Thanks Carl, and that means that Bob could still be the killer, because he was just incarcerated last night."

"Detective Monroe", called Chad.
"What is it Chad."

"I believe a fingerprint has been found", Chad said sternly

Monroe looked surprised. "Where and how?"

"The victim was wearing a solid gold bracelet that appears to have fresh fingerprints on it." Chad was waiting for Eddie's response.

"Well make sure that the fingerprints are not the victim's, have forensics check all the prints on the bracelet." Monroe's voice sounded angry, but why? Monroe wanted this case solved, and now. Eddie kept wondering could this be the break for the case, and could it prove Bob innocent or guilty or could it prove he is guilty.
"Carl, I want the autopsy report done quickly, and the fingerprints analyzed just as fast, if not faster. Chad I want to make sure we have the right suspect, and if not, I want to know who is killing these women. I am going back to the station and begin looking for the Sewer girl who went missing from the hospital." Detective Monroe climbed back into his car and headed toward the station. When the Detective arrived at the station, Tommy Sewer was waiting for him in his office. "Tommy why are you here?"

"Do you have any leads as to where my sister is?" Tommy was almost in tears.

"No Tommy, I am sorry I don't, but don't give up on me. I am giving it my all to find her."

"Ok, but with mom gone, Claire is all I have left, and I don't know if I can make it without her."

"Tommy, she will be found, now go home." Detective Monroe actually felt sorry for the boy and hoped he would be able to find his sister, but the only lead is she supposedly left with the Detective himself. Eddie still wondering about this, decided to retrace his alleged tracks to and from the hospital.
"Ok Detective Monroe, I will go home and wait for you to call." Tommy left Eddie's office and headed home to wait.
Detective Monroe gathered up his keys and headed out of the station, notifying the desk sergeant that he would be at the hospital. He got in his car and head toward the hospital, continuing to go over the last few days, and the murders. Something kept gnawing at his brain, like a vulture gnawing at road kill. "Where is Claire Sewer, why is she missing, and why does Dr. Maxwell insist she left the hospital with me."
When Detective Monroe arrived at the hospital, he went to the desk and requested to see Dr. Maxwell. "Detective Monroe, what can I do for you?"

"Dr. Maxwell, you remember me?"

"Yes Detective that Claire Sewer was released to."

"Well! Dr. Maxwell, that was not me, and I have never met you before."

"The gentlemen sure looked like you, and introduced himself as Detective Monroe."

"Can I view your security tapes? That was not me, and I would like to view the security tapes, and see who it was."

"Sure, I will have the tapes for you in just a minute."

"Thanks"
Dr. Maxwell left and went to security, retrieve the tapes, and left the detective at the front desk. He returned twenty minutes later with the tapes for the detective to review. "Here are the security tapes, but I don't understand why you don't remember me."

"The tapes will help with my memory Dr. Maxwell, thank you." Eddie left the hospital and headed back to the station to review the tapes. While reviewing them he received a shock, "I can't believe this". Eddie was horrified, because it was him on the tape leaving with Claire Sewer. He could not believe it, even though he saw it with his own eyes. "Am I going crazy?" He was glad he made that appointment with the shrink.
The phone rang, and it was Carl in forensics. "Monroe, there is something that has come to my attention in this case."
"What is it Carl?"

"Well after doing the autopsy on the women, and a rape kit to look for semen, and DNA, and as you know there was no semen found for DNA."

"Yes Carl the murdered wore a condom."

"No there is no sign of any lubricant, which a condom would leave in the vagina." Carl sounded surprised at what he had found.

"What are you saying Carl?"

"What I am saying is that the murderer didn't wear a condom, The victims were not penetrated with a penis."

"What about the fingerprints on the bracelet from the last victim we found?"

"The fingerprints on the bracelet belong to the victim and another women, possibly someone who know the victim. A Sally Chapman, she is in the system on a drunk and disorderly."

"Thanks Carl." Monroe was confused, decided to just go home, and figure this all out tomorrow after talking to the shrink; maybe he is going crazy. Monroe went to his car and drove home. When he arrived home, he took a hot shower, set the alarm, and just went to sleep. During the night, he tossed and turned, because he feared he had gone crazy, and is now a cold-blooded murder. Had Detective Eddie Monroe become a cold-blooded murder, and where was Claire Sewer, what did he do with her? These questions kept popping into his head, and he did not want the answer to be that he killed Claire, and the others.




Detective Monroe has arrested Bob the Bartender, but another woman is murdered while Bob was in jail. Forensics has found fingerprints and something interesting about the sexual assault that occurred before the women were murdered.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. SLMorrical All rights reserved.
SLMorrical has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.