General Fiction posted November 12, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Jenny tries to prove she has what it takes to succeed.

The Great Race

by davisr (Rhonda)


Jenny knew there wasn't much time. She had to get to the bank before the others. Few her age had ever been successful in this business, and Big Joe was determined she wouldn't now.

Jenny looked at the sun. It was setting faster than she could move. She stretched out long legs and raced. She could feel pursuit right behind. Was it Joe, or another competitor? She pushed harder.

Just as the sun dropped into its nightly bed, she landed on the bank. Slurp, slurp, two bugs down her gullet before Joe ever landed. Take that, frog boys!



100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.

Recognized


Thanks for the lovely artwork, "Tuatha De Danann" by cleo85
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. davisr (Rhonda) All rights reserved.
davisr (Rhonda) has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.